Pre-Trip Treat Yo Self! (...within reason)

So I did a thing today and started making my next trip official. As a long time lurker on this site and recent fan of reading trip reports I have decided to chronicle my trip. This will be my first solo trip and it may be a bit of a secret trip (more to follow later). Since I won't be able to share my excitement with family/friends, I thought that I would share it with you all.

I'm a Xennial-aged lady hailing( :cautious: ) from the Mid West. This upcoming trip will be my 8th to WDW. There's a couple of reasons for this trip (as if you really need a reason) but the main one is a celebration. A celebration of being done paying off my student loans. Barring some unforeseen disaster I should be done the same month as the trip. The total amount was pretty substantial (like 6 figures) and doesn't include the Master's degree that I bankrolled for my DH during the same time frame.

I wanted to use some of my soon-to-be reallocated disposal income on something frivolous and something very me-centric. WDW seems like a perfect match. The thread title is my trip motto: Treat yo self! (...within reason). Not 'staying in Polynesian bungalow' sort of treat yo self, but more so the 'paying the extra $40 to not fly Spirit' sort.

T-minus 150 days. :eek:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
10 days. Almost in the single digits!

I’m typing this at the airport. We are waiting for our flight to spend the weekend with my in-laws. We had to leave the house at 4am. 😔 😴

In retrospect scheduling my Disney trip so close the in-law visit wasn’t the smartest idea.
  • I’m going to be at my peak immune suppressed-ness in a few days.
  • It’s cold and flu season
  • We’re flying
  • I’ll be spending a lot of time with little kids this weekend
  • I haven’t gotten optimal sleep this week.
This seems like a perfect set up for getting sick. I must not get sick. DH isn’t feeling great. But I am fine. I will be fine.

I have an airline free drink ticket that is going to expire soon. Although I don’t usually drink in the AM I have lofty goals for a mimosa this flight. I’m considering it a pre-reward for non stop in-law time. 😉

260FD6DE-7AE8-4152-B7C0-D91AC2B5ED03.jpeg

See you in a couple days!

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
7 days!

Weekend adventure complete.

Flight down was uneventful. I did indulge in an early morning mimosa.
1FCDEBCA-CE26-4382-ADB4-8AA12797D45F.jpeg

This is pretty much the only way I will drink orange juice. This one was okay- not my preferred mixed drink but more socially acceptable than drinking bourbon at 8am. 😜

The in-law time went fine. They’re good people- they just operate very differently than my own family. In-laws were very inquisitive about what I was going to do now that my loans are finished. DH was respectful of my decision not to tell them about my trip.

They have a tendency of hyper-focusing on stuff. To the point where all of the joy is squeezed from it.

If I had a dollar for every time someone said anxious, afraid or worried this weekend I would be able to buy some pretty nice bourbon. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Our plane home was late getting to us from it’s previous stop. We were initially delayed 40 min but it ended up being only 20 mins delayed. Miraculously we landed earlier than even the original predicted landing time. Must have been a local pilot. 😂

The weekend definitely exhausted all of my introvert energy. Glad I have today off to reset and rest.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s been a bit chilly here. Currently -10 and dropping. With wind chill here it’s -25 to -40. 🥶

I am beyond delighted to see temps for WDW predicted to be in the 70s and 80s next week.

It’s making packing a lot easier as there’s very little overlap in wardrobe.

I think my final trip rules are more so vague trip goals. Here’s the next:

5. Visit new resorts. Don’t have a set number but anticipating at least 3-4.

5 days!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Went to bed early last night but awoke overnight with a sore throat. Didn’t sleep well for the rest of the night due to the sore throat and the worrying about said sore throat.

Me in the morning: Help me Tom Cruise!

Luckily things have been improving over the course of the day.

Tonight my goal is to get really serious about packing.

Trip Rule:

6. Try at least one new restaurant/food place per day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom