Travelling With 5

mud

Travelling with 5 in our party, 2 adults, 10,8 and 3 yr old. Really like the look of W.L. but can't swing a junior suite. Can we get away with staying in a standard room with 5 people, as long as we buy tickets seperate ? We realize any travel agents and WDW say no, but wondering if it has been done before ?
Thanks

Captain Barbosa

My family has 5 members and we aren't exactly dwarves. I'm 6'6" and my brother is 6'1". The rest of my family is average. We have stayed at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Grand Floridian all in standard rooms and have been just fine if not a little too cozy (having only 1 bathroom can get tedious). However, we also stayed at Fort Wilderness in a Wilderness Home and it was MUCH better than any of the other places we stayed. It was perfect for a family of 5 with a set of bunk beds and a double bed in the bedroom and a murphy bed and a couch in the living room. Having a deck to sit on outside is a very nice addition as well.

My final suggestion: if you are traveling with 5 people I would definitely without a doubt recommend staying at a Wilderness Home in Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Travelling with 5 in our party, 2 adults, 10,8 and 3 yr old. Really like the look of W.L. but can't swing a junior suite. Can we get away with staying in a standard room with 5 people, as long as we buy tickets seperate ? We realize any travel agents and WDW say no, but wondering if it has been done before ?
Thanks

No, you cannot. Aside from the fact that it is not allowed (talking fire codes and such), there is just no room. We usually stay in the WL and get a room with 2 queen size beds (2 40 somethings and an 18 &12 y/o) and there is just enough room. The bathrooms are small as is the area with the sinks. If you cannot afford a Deluxe room and want to stay at a Deluxe resort then you will have to try another. The Contemporary, Polynesian and Boardwalk Inn are nice (those are where we have stayed) and would fit your family nicely.

Upvote 0

bsandersjr

Try to purchase DVC points from a member.

We just returned from WDW, 5 people. We bought DVC points from a member, and stayed at the Beach club in a 2 bedroom villa. The main reason was the bathroom situation. One bathroom with 5 poeple is no fun.

Upvote 0

celticdog

Try one of the "family suites" at the All-Star Music. The rooms hold 6 and start at $179 per night. Plus a fridge and microwave are included.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

We are a family of 5 and we stay at the Grand Floridian every year in a standard room. They have two queen size beds and a daybed. I feel that the room is a decent size and the location of the resort is wonderful!

Upvote 0

tampabrad

They don't allow 5 in a room at the WL because the rooms are smaller and they don't have the daybed. Plus there are fire codes.

Optios for a party of 5...Port Orleans Riverside, Wilderness Homes, All Star Suits, Deluxe Room at WL, Yacht Club, Beach CLub, Boardwalk Inn, Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridean, or any of the Vacation Club 2 or 3 bedroom, or two rooms at any other resort.

Upvote 0

KimviG

Yeah we are a family of five with a 12 yo, 8yo and 3 yo and doing POR for the first time. We did a room at POP last yr cause DS was still 2 and therefore didn't count. I looked at the family suites at ASMU but chose to do the cheaper room at POR with a trundle bed.

Upvote 0

tunaman68

POR with the trundle is great - esp for a 3 year old! I wouldn't put anyone large in that bed, but the little one should be fine!

The resort is beautiful, and staff was great.

There are two sinks, and a curtain that can be pulled across the bathroom area, so it should be fine!

Request building 14 or 27 - best blend of convience and privacy.

HAVE FUN!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom