Traveling Solo to Universal

NoWayJose

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I will be in the Orlando area for a work conference the last week of October and was planning to spend 2 days at universal. I haven't been there in about 20 years, so I am coming for some guidance.

Questions:

1)Where would you suggest I stay? Since I am solo and it will be around Halloween, I am just not sure of the craziness I will be getting myself into.

2) Along the same lines, is it worth it to pay and get the express pass? I am assuming the crowd levels will be nuts (I am planning to go during the week and not weekend to lessen the load). My only other thought is stick with the single rider lines and just roll the dice and go that way.

3) Will I be able to get through both parks in 2 days? I do not feel like I have to do "everything." I am planning to skip most of the younger child related shows/rides etc.

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

Hey everyone,

I will be in the Orlando area for a work conference the last week of October and was planning to spend 2 days at universal. I haven't been there in about 20 years, so I am coming for some guidance.

Questions:

1)Where would you suggest I stay? Since I am solo and it will be around Halloween, I am just not sure of the craziness I will be getting myself into.

2) Along the same lines, is it worth it to pay and get the express pass? I am assuming the crowd levels will be nuts (I am planning to go during the week and not weekend to lessen the load). My only other thought is stick with the single rider lines and just roll the dice and go that way.

3) Will I be able to get through both parks in 2 days? I do not feel like I have to do "everything." I am planning to skip most of the younger child related shows/rides etc.

Thanks!

I can't speak to Halloween crowds, but depending on your travel plans, you might look at whether staying at one of the onsite premier hotels for one night (which includes unlimited express pass for your arrival AND departure days) would be a good investment. (I'm assuming it might cost you less than an offsite hotel+2 days' express pass upgrade, but I don't really know). Those hotels are Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino Bay.

I think doing all the good stuff in 2 days is totally doable either way, but having express pass will allow you to do it at a more leisurely pace, without having to work up a detailed touring plan. Before you go, make sure to brush up on procedures for the attraction(s) (e.g., Hagrid's) that are likely to offer a virtual line, so you'll know when to try and snag spots for those using the app.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Hey everyone,

Questions:

Thanks!
You will be able to hit the highlights in two days. The studios park will have HHN starting at 5pm so it is a short day. Normally it won't close early on Monday and Tuesday nights, the park is decorated but the scare and gore only comes out at night. The other park gets very crowded when the studios park closes with people not going to HHN.
Do you like horror? This is the premier haunt event in the world if you wanted to attend and get your scare on. Yes it is crazy but some of the most fun I have ever had.

NoWayJose

Original Poster
I do enjoy horror, haha. Should add an extra element knowing that I’ll essentially be experiencing it alone haha.

JoeCamel

I do enjoy horror, haha. Should add an extra element knowing that I’ll essentially be experiencing it alone haha.
Then plan on getting a ticket if you can, the whole stay and scream experience has been dampened as have some of the more extreme parts of the event they could get away with in years past but it is a hella good time. Stalk Orlando Informer for details and touring plans to make the most of your experience. They cover it like no one else.

Patcheslee

I haven't attended HHN yet, but do know the Express Pass given for staying at the top tier hotels does not work during HHN. The express for HHN is extra, but sometimes Uni has combo deals for admission + the express. Someone else may know if the HHN Express is Haunts only or includes rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom