Travelers in the 20-30 age, w/o kids

tracyandalex

I'm 26 and my hubby is 27 and we're annual passholders. We love going without kids (our trip in October may be our last time though!!). We love the Adventure's Club too. Of course the food at WDW can't be beat. We really enjoy eating at the nicer restraunts. I love the characters, so we're always the oldest people without kids waiting in line for the characters. Mostly we just hang out at the parks enjoy the atmosphere, rides, and the kids enjoying everything.

tracy

angelfaerie52

I'm 22 and I go. I just moved to Orlando, so I will be going a lot more... I am trying to meet people my age who would like to go to the parks, but it's difficult. Sometimes stinks to be new in town...

samtastic

Original Poster
My fiance (26) and myself (28) are going for the first time this Sept. Glad someone asked this question, I'm curious about what extra fun stuff is out there for us!

I know, I think we should have our own disney planning book! My bf and I said we should write one ourselves and call it: Disney without kids, and we're not playing golf either! It's hard to find one that doesn't include that and spas and super fancy dining that costs an arm and leg! Where's the fun easy exciting things that are high energy and low budget?

reptar77

Me- 30
Husband 28
2 cats
0 human kids

We take the fireworks cruise
Drink/eat around the world
Play mini golf-loser gets the coffee in the morning
Water ski, water mouse rental
Horseback ride
Look into the tours at Epcot and MK. Segway tour is awesome
ESPN zone- get a beer watch a game
People watch and take lots of pictures
When the parks are super crowded we hang out at the pool or the beach at the BC or GF- I build sand castles and read the Tabloids
Spas
Downtown Disney- I like to play in the lego store
I could go on and on....

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm not a big club hopper either. But we found the Adventurer's Club, and we loved it. Totally our humor, and they even had Samantha's Passion Potion- so of course I had to try it!

I'm 26 now, and I went to WDW with my close friends a lot between the ages of 21-23. We also really enjoyed the Adventurer's Club and to a lesser extent (it's hit or miss there) Comedy Warehouse. We're not big drinkers, but we enjoyed the clubs at PI.

I also agree with those who suggest the tours. Despite the fact I have been a WDW passholder for more than 3 years, I have yet to take one at WDW. I did take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour at DL, though. They're so expensive, but on my next trip, I'm definitely planning to do at least Keys to the Kingdom, and hopefully the Segway tour at Epcot.

Mixing in the dining like it seems you are, and the normal park stuff...seems like you'll definitely have a blast again! I know what you mean about the golf and middle aged people-geared literature and stuff....makes our generation feel a bit left out!

happymom52003

Up until 6 years ago, I was in my twenties without kids and my husband and I made multiple trips in our twenties before we had kids. We enjoyed late dinners at the nicer restraunts, Downtown Disney, staying at the parks really late, taking our time exploring WS at Epcot, the waterparks, going to Cirque, dancing, the hottubs at the resorts at night! Even though going with our kids now is the most magical thing in the world, I do sometimes miss the romantic side of Disney! Do all of the things now that will be harder if you have kids someday.....the tours, nicer restraunts, and the night life. I think I have seen a book that is geared toward couples and romance at Disney....anyone know what I am talking about?

Sunny D

Well my boyfriend and I (both 24) just got back from Disney on Saturday. We are not huge fans of Pleasure Island, but on this trip we tried the Boardwalk and actually went back there several times. We enjoyed the street performers (magician, sword swallower, and juggler) and the food there. A huge surprise to us, though, was Jellyrolls. It is a dueling piano bar and I cannot even describe to you how much it impressed us. The four guys that worked that night not only played the song, but they sang it, used instruments; the whole nine yards. It's somewhere you can relax and drink (a lot of people around us were just eating snacks and drinking water) and really be entertained. We spent several hours there and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

We also tried drinking and eating around the world this time. It was fun, but probably not something you want to do if you aren't big drinkers. You could try eating around the world, though! Great pretzels in Germany and orange chicken in China!

Have fun!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I have only gone once by myself it was fun but I was missing the company of my family. I am going with my parents on October 13th, but I will be making some solo trips to PI for The Adventurer's Club.

LoriMistress

Just curious how many of us are out there? I was looking at Disney planning books at Barnes and Noble today and noticed all the "Adults only-no kids" ones weren't for our generation (or at least didin't fit my style). The suggestions were to play golf etc...and just didin't appeal to me, as a soon to be college grad. There has to be more than just me and my bf out there who are in the mid 20s, looking for a fun time in Disney (and I'm not talking about drunk off my butt-college keggers either). I know there's a lot to do, but was curious what fellow travellers my age (or those who are my age at heart) like to do in Disney.

Hello! DH and I are 27 years old married couple of four years without children. We went to WDW for our honeymoon back in 2003 and loved it! On our honeymoon we were on a budget, so we couldn't really go hog-wild on our vacation (we stayed at ASMu for our honeymoon). This time, we'll be there this December. The best guidebook I could suggest using is Unofficial Guide to WDW 2007. They have lots of info, and best ways to hit the parks (and it makes things a lot easier when it's just two adults--so no little brags you have to drag around). Plus, they have plans for adults who like "big/thriller" rides. But the current planning tool I'm using is TGM (TourGuideMike.com). Personally, I enjoy him and would be a repeat customer. He's made my planning a lot easier, so I can't wait to have a great vacation.

For our upcoming trip, we're going to MVMCP. We are playing to watch Cirque du Soleil, enjoy DQ, and PI. We're going to be eating at tons of restaurants this time around. And we'll be checking out many of the deluxe resorts so we can enjoy the Christmas decorations. The Adventure Club at PI I've heard is wonderful--but I never had a chance to check it out on our last trip. But this trip we will. Sorry if I'm not as helpful. I don't live around the Orlando area, and I know CMs on here will be a lot more helpful then myself on where the cool places are to "hang."

rimousefan84

I'm 22 and my fiance is 21, we usually head to waterparks on our trips in the morning and when the park gets too full we head out after working on our tan. Also Pleasure Island is a must... dancing at the clubs there can be a nice alternative without getting drunk. Also find a nice place to watch Illuminations, one that isnt overly packed with people that way it will add a bit more romance to the show. Try the mini golf too!(wintersummerland is pretty easy but Fantasia Gardens will provide a nice challenge.) Perhaps go on the mini speed boats if you're in to that sort of thing. Hope this helps a bit... I'll try to think of other things if you are interested. Have fun

cmatt

myself and mrs c went last year at the age of 21 - kicked back and relaxed. Did our own thing :) didnt drink as 'engerlaaand' only had strong bow :(

so just topped up on h to the o...

its not what you do sometimes, its who you with - why dont you hook up and plan what you want to do? rather then relying on a third party.

EPCOT.nut

I have no idea what we do! But we go several times a year. EPCOT is my favorite - I am 34 with no kids. I actually want to borrow some kids to take so I can have some different fun. But looking at the threads with kids - maybe not! :ROFLOL:

I look at going to WDW with my DH as time we can spend together somewhere really nice. We walk hand-in-hand and have nice dinners together, and shop together.

cmatt

I have no idea what we do! But we go several times a year. EPCOT is my favorite - I am 34 with no kids. I actually want to borrow some kids to take so I can have some different fun. But looking at the threads with kids - maybe not! :ROFLOL:

I look at going to WDW with my DH as time we can spend together somewhere really nice. We walk hand-in-hand and have nice dinners together, and shop together.

do the segway tour... i got my first (and last) disney pin from it :sohappy:

...:lol:

but yes - i pretty much take that approach. Nice relaxed day - with rides of course :wave:

msk0879

Me And The Wifey Poo (not Married Yet Might As Well Be) Have Been 3 Times In The 4 Years We Ve Been Together. (#4 Being Dec 1 To 9 At The Poly) Trust Us In Saying Sleep In Emh Night Only And Above All Book An Illuminatoins Cruise For The To Of You( To Bad They Got Rid Of breathless )but Above All Remember You Are Ther To Relax Not Entertain Your Kids

bgraham34

I always just go from park to park and enjoy myself. I used to goto PI but no more. I much rather walk around Epcot and have a drink or two and take some pictures. At night we shop at Downtown Disney or hand out in the hot tub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom