Travel time from MCO

SuperDaveSC

Original Poster
Quick question: We are flying into MCO with an arrival time of 5:15pm. Planning on taking the DME, what time would you think we will make it to the POP and then to EPCOT?
I am hoping to see the 8pm Eat to the Beat concert or is that too ambitious.
Thoughts.

DisneyJoe

Quick question: We are flying into MCO with an arrival time of 5:15pm. Planning on taking the DME, what time would you think we will make it to the POP and then to EPCOT?
I am hoping to see the 8pm Eat to the Beat concert or is that too ambitious.
Thoughts.
I usually count on 60-90 minutes from MCO to resort, Pop should be one of the first stops, possibly shared with CBR and/or AoA, so you're looking at arrival between 6:15 and 6:45.

You may be cutting it a little close, especially since you will need to get to Epcot, and then through Epcot security and then get from one side of Epcot to the other.

drwadadli

I agree with @DisneyJoe in that I count on 60 - 90 minutes from MCO to resort. Then there is 15 minutes to drop off your carry-ons (if you have any and don't want to carry them to the park). Then 20 - 30 minutes to get from POP to Epcot. Total, that would get you to Epcot around 7:15 - 7:30 at the latest (guessing no problems or delays).

Another option would be Uber/Lyft it from MCO directly to Epcot.

I have also heard from someone that since you can now check in to your resort over the MDE app, they were able to convince the people at the DME check-in to let take the bus to Beach Club instead of their resort (since they had no need to go to their resort) and then just walk in at IG into Epcot.

nickys

Premium Member
I agree with @DisneyJoe in that I count on 60 - 90 minutes from MCO to resort. Then there is 15 minutes to drop off your carry-ons (if you have any and don't want to carry them to the park). Then 20 - 30 minutes to get from POP to Epcot. Total, that would get you to Epcot around 7:15 - 7:30 at the latest (guessing no problems or delays).

Another option would be Uber/Lyft it from MCO directly to Epcot.

I have also heard from someone that since you can now check in to your resort over the MDE app, they were able to convince the people at the DME check-in to let take the bus to Beach Club instead of their resort (since they had no need to go to their resort) and then just walk in at IG into Epcot.

Did they actually do this, or just hoping? DME is strict, they will only allow you to board the bus to the resort where you have a reservation.

Now if you happen to be on a bus that stopped at the BC, YC or BW before your resort, there would be nothing to stop you getting off early. Unless you had luggage on the bus. Any carry-ons would have to be taken with you into Epcot though, so would need to be small enough to be allowed. Not sure if there are lockers at IG.

drwadadli

Did they actually do this, or just hoping? DME is strict, they will only allow you to board the bus to the resort where you have a reservation.

Now if you happen to be on a bus that stopped at the BC, YC or BW before your resort, there would be nothing to stop you getting off early. Unless you had luggage on the bus. Any carry-ons would have to be taken with you into Epcot though, so would need to be small enough to be allowed. Not sure if there are lockers at IG.
They actual did it. Like I mentioned, they were able to convince the CM at the DME check-in to let them do it. We are going to try it in November so I will be able to let you know afterwards if it still works that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom