Travel time after landing

Chantia Thompson

Original Poster
Hi all,
Quick question....
Our plane lands @ 4:30, we are take ME to the Wilderness Lodge. Do you think we would be able to make a 7:00 ADR or should I cancel it?

Thanks in advance.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Depends on where your 7 pm ADR is. If it is in the WL or Contemporary or Ft. Wilderness (which can be accessed by boat from WL) yes. If in a park you will be cutting it close.

Chantia Thompson

Original Poster
It's in MK @ Crystal Palace. We also have tickets to the MNSSHP that night as well. I might just cancel and let the kids do a hot dog or nuggets.

mouse_luv

@Tuvalu beat me to it. There is no way I would be eating at Crystal Palace on a MNSSHP night. There is too much to do in too little time at the party in the first place. I would either try to get to the MK ASAP after you land (park opens at 4 for party guests) or if you haven't gotten your MNSSHP tickets yet make it another night of your trip, it's going to be tight.

Chantia Thompson

Original Poster
I will be cancelling. We already have our party tickets and I do want them to enjoy as much as they can. I have another ADR for CP on our last full day. Thanks so much for the advice.

Rob562

As an aside, in the half a dozen times I've taken Magical Express, it's been about 70-80 minutes from the time I step off the plane into the terminal to the time I'm stepping off the bus at the hotel. (Even with the one time we were starving and stopped for lunch in the terminal, if you subtracted that time we spent getting lunch, it was still about 75 minutes)

-Rob

Weather_Lady

We've generally arrived inside a park anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours after our plane touched down. Although there are many variables, here are the ranges of time we've spent on each step. We've had trips where almost all of these were at the shorter end of the range, but never any trips where more than 2 or 3 of these steps took the longest possible time:

- 10-15 minutes to take the shuttle to the terminal and cross the airport, including a quick bathroom break (we travel carryon only; no baggage claim stop required)
- 5-20 minutes to check in at the ME Welcome Center and wait for our ME bus
- 45-70 minutes on the ME bus, depending on how long we sit until departing and how many other stops are made before ours
- 5-20 minutes checking in at the resort, depending on speed of lines
- 5-30 minutes to find our room, unpack and freshen up (or if its not ready, to leave bags with Bell Services)
- 5-15 minutes to walk to a bus stop and wait for a park bus (or to head to a dock and wait for a boat)
- 10-25 minutes on the bus/boat to the park, depending on how close the resort is
- 10-20 minutes to get through bag check, enter the park, and get to the desired attraction/restaurant

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Do advise checking in before online....that saves a bit of waiting, they just text your room number to you when room is ready and your magicband does the rest. Assuming you hooked up your WL reservation to your MB. ;)

MickeyMomV

Another vote for canceling the reservations. My I suggest Casey's? Its our traditional arrival dinner.

Make sure you have a carry on for any costumes and make sure they are TSA friendly. Being that short on time I would not mess with grabbing checked bags unless you absolutely have to.

bunnyman

Last time on ME from airport to WL this past July it took forever with a rookie driver. I swear, I think I saw some armordillos passing us. I think I agree with other posters in that "on average" it is about 2 hours from de-planing to hotel. With a 4:30 landing at least you know your room will be ready when you get there if you do the advanced check-in. We did that back in July with our 2:30 landing time, and we went right to our room, dropped off our bags, and were having something to eat in Epcot in short order!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom