Travel Insurance

Trishnh

This is the first time we have purchased a package for our trip in August..My mom is coming with us plus I have a daughter with special needs so I am considering purchasing travel insurance. Does anyone know what this specifically covers or how much it costs? Do most people usually get it for peace of mind or don't bother?? I **think** I have about a week or so left to add it.
Thanks!

DisneyJoe

Disney's travel insurance costs $66.95 per adult (age 18+) and must be purchased for every adult in a room; children are automatically covered on the same policy. The insurance is non-refundable once purchased. You need to add it before you make final payment.

Insurance mostly covers events from the time you leave your home to start the trip until you return again.

What precisely are you concerned about? Is it something during the trip or before the trip even starts?

Upvote 0

balletgirl2

You may want to check with your credit card because most cards offer some type of travel insurance for free if you booked the entire trip on the credit card.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

Original Poster
I am mostly concerned about something happening before the trip and having to cancel..I dont like the fact that the package cannot be cancelled after 45 days..That is why I prefer doing room only ressies so I have the option to cancel 5 days before if the need should come up. So, I was ust wondering what exactly does cover--is it only the death or illness of a family member?

I did not put the whole amount n a credit card so I dont know how that would affect that..I will have o look into it.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

A package CAN be canceled after final payment at 45 days!

1 - if you cancel before 45 days, no penalty - all money is returned

2 - if you cancel between 45 days and 6 days before arrival, you get all of your money back except for $100

3 - if you cancel between 5 days and arrival, you get all of your money back except for $200.

The cost of airfare is NOT included in the above, unless it is refundable airfare.

If you purchase insurance, say for 2 adults, that's $133.90 - and is non-refundable. So if you cancel, you would NOT get that back.

Here's a link to the insurance brochure:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/media/reservations/insurancecertificate041709.pdf

Here are the package terms and conditions:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/ibc/DisneyWorldIBC/IBC/popups/popup_terms.html

Upvote 0

Trishnh

Original Poster
A package CAN be canceled after final payment at 45 days!

1 - if you cancel before 45 days, no penalty - all money is returned

2 - if you cancel between 45 days and 6 days before arrival, you get all of your money back except for $100

3 - if you cancel between 5 days and arrival, you get all of your money back except for $200.

The cost of airfare is NOT included in the above, unless it is refundable airfare.

If you purchase insurance, say for 2 adults, that's $133.90 - and is non-refundable. So if you cancel, you would NOT get that back.

Here's a link to the insurance brochure:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/media/reservations/insurancecertificate041709.pdf

Here are the package terms and conditions:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/ibc/DisneyWorldIBC/IBC/popups/popup_terms.html

Thanks so much for that info..It makes me feel a little better!:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

As someone who has worked as an agent, I ALWAYS encourage travel insurance.

There are very few reasons you would cancel a trip anyway, but the insurance covers the biggies that you would think of. Illness, disability, death in the family, etc.

But I have had clients need it and not have it. If you can afford it, I would take it without a second thought.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have full trip and life insurance and emergency health coverage already. My credit card covers any expenses due to cancellation or cutting a trip short and provides added life insurance if I pay for the trip using the card. My employer's Supplemental Health coverage covers emergency medical and evacuation back to Canada.

Check your various contracts to see what may already be covered before spending more on coverage you may not need.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I purchase my insurance through my bank. $34 covers an 8 day trip with full medical coverage, trip cancellation and interruption as well as lost and delayed baggage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom