Travel in May?

Magic Maniacs

:wave: My husband and I have been to Disney World the past 7 years traveling in the month of December. We are planning a trip for May this year for a change and are curious about the crowds that time of year. Any insight regarding wheather and crowds would be greatly appreciated!:)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've been there the first week of May and the crowds were not bad and the weather was very nice. Not to sweltering. It's a nice time to go.

Pam

Upvote 0

luna99

I went this past may but was only able to go to epcot for the day... it was a saturday and we got to the park pretty much right after it opened.

the first few hours were wonderful with hardly any wait (we walked right on to test track) and by the mid day there were crowds but it was hardly what I would call "badly crowded".

we're thinking of going back again next may for a longer trip this time! maybe we'll see you there! :D

Upvote 0

Mr Starky

:wave: My husband and I have been to Disney World the past 7 years traveling in the month of December. We are planning a trip for May this year for a change and are curious about the crowds that time of year. Any insight regarding wheather and crowds would be greatly appreciated!:)

It depends on what time in May you go. The beginning of the month is nowhere as bad as the end of the month. I took my wife, her first time to Disney World, on our Honeymoon at the end of May into the start of June and it was HOT! I loved it because I love the heat. It was somewhat difficult for my Wife though. If you can endur the heat then by al means go anytime in May. :)

Upvote 0

mighty mouse

Depends on when in May you are going and which parks you are visiting. Disney Studios is crowded during the Star Wars weekends and Memorial Day weekend is always busy.

Upvote 0

luna99

It depends on what time in May you go. The beginning of the month is nowhere as bad as the end of the month. I took my wife, her first time to Disney World, on our Honeymoon at the end of May into the start of June and it was HOT! I loved it because I love the heat. It was somewhat difficult for my Wife though. If you can endur the heat then by al means go anytime in May. :)

oooh, that's true. we went in the beginning of may and my boyfriend, who is from New York, got a little sick and I think it was due to the heat. We had to go back to our hotel and let him rest.... it felt nice to me though.

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Depends on when in May you are going and which parks you are visiting. Disney Studios is crowded during the Star Wars weekends and Memorial Day weekend is always busy.

I agree, watch out for Star Wars weekends and Memorial Day. We always used to go the beginning of May. This year we went at the end and couldn't believe the change in crowds in only a matter of 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom