Travel Impacts March 6th due to Princess Half Marathon???

love disney

Hey everyone, hope one of you can help me with this question. I am heading to WDW Saturday March 6th, planning on arriving at MK a bit before 9am, then after lunch driving to Pop Century to check in before heading back to another park, probably Epcot.

I totally forgot that the Princess Half Marathon is on Saturday and was wondering how it might (or hopefully might not!) affect my driving into WDW and getting to MK? Anyone know? (I searched and searched online for a course map but couldn't find one.)

Thanks in advance!

happyphaze

The half marathon is on Sunday, March 7th. There will be roads closed down and such, so that can impact you, but of course there will be detours. Saturday, March 6th is the Royal Family 5K which is all at Epcot. I am running in that race. It starts at 7am and I guess, goes until everyone finishes... but there is a 16 minute mile time requirement, so it can't go on for longer than an hour. I would imagine there may be a little bit of time over that, but you should be fine. Have fun!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Hey everyone, hope one of you can help me with this question. I am heading to WDW Saturday March 6th, planning on arriving at MK a bit before 9am, then after lunch driving to Pop Century to check in before heading back to another park, probably Epcot.

I totally forgot that the Princess Half Marathon is on Saturday and was wondering how it might (or hopefully might not!) affect my driving into WDW and getting to MK? Anyone know? (I searched and searched online for a course map but couldn't find one.)

Thanks in advance!

It shouldn't affect much traffic at all. The fast runners start at 6, and the last wave starts about 6:30. Runners have to keep the same 16 min pace a PP mentioned for the 5k. As far as closures go, mile 6 is about at the exit of the MK, and most runners should hit there 96 minutes after the start, or about 8:06am plus a few minutes depending on how long it takes everyone to cross the start. And the last person should be crossing the finish line about 10. So most of the closures during park hours should be on the road leaving the back of MK, and going past GF and Poly towards Epcot, which isn't really heavily trafficked at that time of day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom