Travel City.......

kirst_al UK

Has anyone ever flown from the UK using Travel City and what were your thoughts....any good?

The prices are v.tempting - just not sure if we should maybe try them next time rather than the usual guys we use, Virgin. It will take a lot to beat Virgin i know but as i say the pricing for 14 nights throughout the year on the face of it seems really quite good. I know that they fly in to Sanford rather than International - what do people think about Sanford and how far away is it from Disney?

Chloe's Mom

I have used Travel City Direct twice and they are fine. Maybe not as fancy as Virgin, such as no tv screens in the back of your seats, but on whole they are ok.

Sandford airport is also ok. It's quiet compared to Orlando and we found that we got through customs and car hire much quicker which compensated for the longer travelling distance to our villa

Upvote 0

Philo

My sister used them a couple of years ago and she had no complaints. The prices were good, the service was good etc. It wasn't fancy travel so if you like your inflight entertainment and lots of leg-room then you might want to look else where.

Before you book anything check the offsite-resorts thread (if you are staying offsite that is).

Sanford isn't a bad place, it's not exciting, it's quite a long way from WDW but it serves it purpose. I flew with first choice ealier this year and they also use Sanford.

Upvote 0

ChrisMyst

I've been with travel city 3 times. Had 2 good trips and 1 very bad, a 23 hour flight delay that was handled very badly. That was my middle trip with them, so i did use them again. The plane is old and the entertainment on board isn't up to much. One trip back they couldn't make the headphone sockets work. But you do get free drink on the flight and the staff on board are mostly very nice. They are cheap. You get what you pay for, but they'll get you there.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We had a quote from them but as we didn't want a hire car they charged a fairly high supplement for transfers. Also we were warned by a friend about the age/reliability of the aircraft.

They certainly are cheap though - I suppose like anything you pay your money and take your choice :shrug:

Upvote 0

goldswas

Has anyone ever flown from the UK using Travel City and what were your thoughts....any good?

The prices are v.tempting - just not sure if we should maybe try them next time rather than the usual guys we use, Virgin. It will take a lot to beat Virgin i know but as i say the pricing for 14 nights throughout the year on the face of it seems really quite good. I know that they fly in to Sanford rather than International - what do people think about Sanford and how far away is it from Disney?

I travelled with Travel city direct in 2004. They were really good, our flight was delayed on the way back and we had to spend the night at the airport, but it wasn't their fault, Hurricane Charley hit and no planes could take off . As a lot of local people from the coast had already evacuated into Orlando they tried for ages to get us a hotel for the night, but there weren't any.

The villa we had was fine and the hire car was just as we ordered. I have booked with them again for September 2008 and can't wait. :wave: :wave:

I have been 3 times to Orlando, once to Orlando Airport and twice to Sanford. Now I will always look out for holidays landing at Sanford, as although it is a longer drive, it is much smaller and easier than Orlando airport (or was when we went through). You also don't have to collect your luggage twice. Also the car hire office is just across the road. Hope you have a wonderful time, whoever you choose to travel with.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom