Trattoria al Forno to replace Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney's BoardWalk

alissafalco

Am I the only one somewhat underwhelmed by the food pics? That chicken parm in particular - looks like it came from a frozen meal.
The lasagna looks like it's from a frozen meal as well. Everything looked just plain Jane to me, nothing enticing that would want to make me try it. If I want Italian I will keep walking around the corner to Italy.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

That chicken parm pic is about the worst food pic I have seen, is it even real or plastic rubber? Even the chickenparm at Tony's is better than that.
The meatball thing doesnt look appetizing either. :banghead:
Hopefully breakfast is better.

Mrs.Toad

So basically, I have no reason to ever not choose Flying Fish…or my favorite spots at WS.

Sounds like standard Italian. I would have to see the menu, otherwise not a stand out for me.

zweltar

That chicken parm pic is about the worst food pic I have seen, is it even real or plastic rubber? Even the chickenparm at Tony's is better than that.
NO. That can't be! This picture at least looks flattened, versus Tony's poorly breaded chicken breast that tastes like old shoe.

Mrs.Toad

Er, ok, just saw the menu and pictures.

Sorry, taste buds did not go into overdrive.

I feel a lot of posters chicken parm pain. I was more agitated over the salumi. Was that like two slices of salami, rolled up to look like more on the plate and all peppers halved for ditto effect? I just can't. Arthur Avenue in the Bronx here I come! Actually other places in NY and NJ too. Better quality, variety, wonderful people and families that take pride in passing down recipes, and reasonable prices. I can't pay all that money for cold antipasto for nothing. Not when I know it is worth it elsewhere.

Cold antipasto is rarely worth it when eating out.

Bocabear

I have to agree, whoever the food stylist was should be slapped....as well as the executive chef that came up with that rather lackluster menu...and the Disney Executives that green-lit the concept for yet another underwhelming dining choice...With Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, and Il Mulino right next door, what would entice me to eat at this place with a completely average menu...the only thing that this restaurant will have going for it will be the location...other than that, why bother?

COProgressFan

I have to agree, whoever the food stylist was should be slapped....as well as the executive chef that came up with that rather lackluster menu...and the Disney Executives that green-lit the concept for yet another underwhelming dining choice...With Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, and Il Mulino right next door, what would entice me to eat at this place with a completely average menu...the only thing that this restaurant will have going for it will be the location...other than that, why bother?

I think they're trying to appeal to that previously mentioned "Olive Garden crowd" here with a bland, basic "Italian" menu for tourists who would happily choose a plate of Chef Boyardee over some of the better and more unique offerings a short walk away in Epcot. I can actually kind of see why, because Spoodles and Cat Cora's place weren't very popular (even though I don't agree with TDO's mindset).

But the location on the Boardwalk is a tough one. I'm not sure folks are going out of their way to get here, unless they're hoping to send guests in the area to this location when other options are booked. At the MK, people will eat mediocre, overpriced "Italian" at Tony's Town Square because there aren't many other choices. Not sure they will do so here.

Man, I really miss Spoodles.

Bocabear

You know...If the resort is trying to be Jersey Shore, they should just BE JERSEY SHORE... they have Fine Dining covered with the Flying Fish next door...
What about a Chowder House type restaurant...More casual and beautifully themed... What about a classic Jersey Diner...well done and well themed... It needn't be a fine dining restaurant...especially since they are open for breakfast....Thematically they could have lots of fun with this... 1940s Jersey Shore diner... Moderately priced...
Start roasting peanuts next door...and making taffy... Give the boardwalk some real ambiance...

Bocabear

I agree it is a tough location, but even Cat Cora's restaurant was sold out often and tables were frequently scarce...I think whatever they put there will be at least moderately successful...And Cat Cora had a name that attracted some attention... but this new place... there is nothing abut it that makes me the least bit interested...and that was before I saw the menu and food pictures...

COProgressFan

I agree it is a tough location, but even Cat Cora's restaurant was sold out often and tables were frequently scarce...I think whatever they put there will be at least moderately successful...And Cat Cora had a name that attracted some attention... but this new place... there is nothing abut it that makes me the least bit interested...and that was before I saw the menu and food pictures...

Even the name and logo are completely uninspired. Seems like they're really phoning it in.

Mrs.Toad

Not gonna lie…this makes me nervous about Disney Springs. And what gets put there.

With all the restaurant choices they can make in the World, whether Disney owned or not. Come on. This????

Can we not shoot for underwhelming?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom