Transportation without a park pass??

Disney Newbie

We will be staying at the Yacht Club (husbands to conference, wives to play) and since the DHs won't have park passes will we be able to use Disney Transportation to get from Yacht Club to the Poly? :veryconfu

Lots of recommendations for Ohana for dinner, but will we have to take a cab?

Thanks again!!

flscooman

ALL transportation on WDW property is complimentary. You take any boat,bus or monorail to anywhere anytime you want for free. It's been this way for many many years.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Via Disney transportation, you cannot get from the Yacht Club to the Poly without stopping and changing buses somewhere. You must get to a park or DTD then change to the Poly resort bus. There is no Yacht Club to Poly direct bus (or other resort to resort buses for that matter). If you are trying to make a dining reservation, make sure and give yourself plenty of travel time. The option I would use would be to take the bus to the MK then hop the resort monorail to the Poly.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Nansafan said:
If you are trying to make a dining reservation, make sure and give yourself plenty of travel time. The option I would use would be to take the bus to the MK then hop the resort monorail to the Poly.

I agree, this is probably the fastest and easiest way to the Poly. You can also head to EPCOT and hop on the monorail, but you'll have to switch trains.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

crazydaveh said:
I agree, this is probably the fastest and easiest way to the Poly. You can also head to EPCOT and hop on the monorail, but you'll have to switch trains.

if you go the epcot route, you can get off at the ttc and walk to the poly. just follow the signs for the hotel. when you get on property, follow the signs for the great ceremonial house. it's a really nice walk and you get to walk through the hotel grounds, it's a really nice walk. we did it many times when were stayed there last week.

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

Disney Newbie

Original Poster
Thanks. I was particularly worried about the Epcot route. I was thinking that we had to go from the International Entrance thru the park to get to the Monorail and they would not let those without Park passes do that. Where exactly is the monorail station at Epcot?

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Disney Newbie said:
Thanks. I was particularly worried about the Epcot route. I was thinking that we had to go from the International Entrance thru the park to get to the Monorail and they would not let those without Park passes do that. Where exactly is the monorail station at Epcot?
Ooh, I think you do need park passes in order to get to the Epcot monorail if you are cutting through the park. I doubt very strongly that you'd be able to just "cut through" Epcot to get to the monorail.

As a result, I would suggest taking the Magic Kingdom bus to the Mk, and then hopping the resort monorail from there. Besides - that way, the people without park passes will at least be able to see Cinderella Castle!

You can also take a boat to the Poly from the MK - it's a very nice boat ride that takes you past the Grand Floridian as well.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You can't cut through Epcot without park passes. If you need to get to the Polynesian from the Yacht Club without passes, you should take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take the boat or resort monorail to the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

DisneyInsider said:
You can't cut through Epcot without park passes. If you need to get to the Polynesian from the Yacht Club without passes, you should take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then take the boat or resort monorail to the Polynesian.

Exactly right...and, as has been said before (but bears repeating), allow yourself PLENTY of time. If you get to the Polynesian ahead of your reservation time, you can always stroll around the grounds, shop in the Poly's gift shops (very nice!), or even ride the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian and /or Contemporary, and check them out.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

figmentmom said:
Exactly right...and, as has been said before (but bears repeating), allow yourself PLENTY of time. If you get to the Polynesian ahead of your reservation time, you can always stroll around the grounds, shop in the Poly's gift shops (very nice!), or even ride the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian and /or Contemporary, and check them out.
ITA - and by "plenty" of time... We're talking at least an hour!! :wave:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Disney Newbie said:
You read my mind. I was just thinking, "what is enough time?" and scrolled down to find the answer. Thanks!!
You're welcome! :)

And an hour may be cutting it a bit close. Say you have to wait 15 minutes for the MK bus, then take the 15-20 minute bus ride to the MK, then wait 10 minutes for the monorail, and take the 10 minute monorail ride etc... It may take 15 minutes to an hour to get to Ohana! :eek:

That's the reason why we usually take taxis for resort-to-resort travel. However, in your case, it might be neat for those without park passes to take a ride along the monorail... But you may want to budget for a cab ride for the way back in case you're tired after all that food!! :lol:

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

We just stayed at the Swan (right near YBC) and 1 night we went to O'Hana for dinner (which is just wonderful, by the way!) We gave ourselves a little over an hour to get there. Our ADR was 7:05, so we made sure we were at the bus stop a little before 6:00. We took the bus to MK, then walked over to the monorail to get to the Poly. Easy peasy......

We arrived in plenty of time for our seating, and even had time to order a drink before we were seated.

We were very lucky with all of our transporatation this last trip. Except for 1 or 2 times, our bus/boat etc arrived right after we did. I guess that means we'll be cursed our next trip! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom