Transportation to Universal

Ademello192

What is the best way to get to Universal Studios for the day? Taxi? Is there any transportation between the Disney Resorts and Universal?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The most convenient is a rental car. Mears has a shuttle that runs between the two that can be less expensive that a rental care, but you are held to their schedule. A taxi is easy, but you will spend upwards of $70-$90 round trip.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

Not that I know of, you can rent a car at the auto center. I am not sure what the specifics of renting are but I'm sure others will chime in, or you can take a cab I believe there is a program/app that will calculate the cost, again those not technically challenged like myslef (e.g. old) should be able to help you.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Rental, Taxi, Mears Bus, Lynx Bus. Lynx will be the cheapest, but you are taking public transit. I think when I looked the other week they were estimating 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to get from DTD to Uni. So not really a good use of time. As mentioned, the Mears Shuttle isn't bad, you just are on their timeline. Next most affordable if you are solo or a pair. Rental is usually the next step up. You can get them at the Car Care Center, Swan/Dolphin (never remember which) or many of the Downtown Disney neighbor hotels. CCC should pick you up at your resort, but may cost more than the DTD hotels. Usually cost effective to pick it up as soon as they open, and then return it that night after they close. Taxi will end up costing you the most.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Rental car..it only takes about 20-25 minutes to get to universal..you will pay for parking but you wont have to wait for transportation when you leave which is nice..

Upvote 0

fosse76

What is the best way to get to Universal Studios for the day? Taxi? Is there any transportation between the Disney Resorts and Universal?

How many people are going? The Mears shuttle is $18 round trip per person. Although the pick-up time is limited, you can return pretty much anytime you want (you just call them about an hour or two before you want to return). A rental car is also an option (but don't forget to add Universal's parking fee into any cost analysis). I'd say a taxi is the least financially-friendly option.

Upvote 0

pluto77

We used MEARS when we went last time and everything went pretty smoothly, aside from the fact that we had a new driver and he was confused about some of the tickets. You pick one of the scheduled times to leave and then call them when you want to come back, usually they have buses going back about every hour anyway. The only thing with MEARS is that they have to make multiple stops, but it wasn't bad when we did it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1024

We used Mears last summer when we went. It was a terrible experience. We had a return taxi reserved to come get us but they couldn't find the reservation so we ended up hanging out in the rain until another taxi came to get us and on top of that, we had to pay again. I would definitely rent a car. You are on your own time and not anyone elses.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Take a double check .... Will they let 5 people in a Cab? I don't know what they allow in the States but, in Aruba the max is 4 in a Cab.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom