Transportation Testing Games

Castle Cake Apologist

It's a bus stop, not an E-Ticket. What's next, special "fun buses" because Junior can't sit still for 2 minutes? I wish Disney would put a fraction of the effort into entertaining guests within their parks as they do with those waiting at their bus stops.

Have you actually ever waited for a bus at Disney? Two minutes? Right.

And what exactly would be the problem with a "special fun bus?" That sounds pretty cool to me.

You are legitimately upset about a bean bag toss. Please think about that. Disney is constantly in a damned if they do and damned if they don't scenario. They don't ever seem to do enough to satisfy people on these forums, but when they add little things like this, people still find a way to gripe about it. It's ludicrous.

This is a positive thing and it does nothing but enhance the guest experience, something people constantly complain is lacking from modern Disney.

There's plenty to be upset about with WDW. Adding stuff like this to keep guests entertained is certainly not even close to being one of them. And how inane to somehow try to compare this to stagnation at the parks as some type of causation. At most, this cost them $15 to put together. Come on.

This is what sets Disney apart, little details like this.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Have you actually ever waited for a bus at Disney? Two minutes? Right.

And what exactly would be the problem with a "special fun bus?" That sounds pretty cool to me.

You are legitimately upset about a bean bag toss. Please think about that. Disney is constantly in a damned if they do and damned if they don't scenario. They don't ever seem to do enough to satisfy people on these forums, but when they add little things like this, people still find a way to gripe about it. It's ludicrous.

This is a positive thing and it does nothing but enhance the guest experience, something people constantly complain is lacking from modern Disney.

There's plenty to be upset about with WDW. Adding stuff like this to keep guests entertained is certainly not even close to being one of them. And how inane to somehow try to compare this to stagnation at the parks as some type of causation. At most, this cost them $15 to put together. Come on.

This is what sets Disney apart, little details like this.

No one disputes that it's not a clever idea. My initial commentary is that we are in a sad place as a society because of our constant need for entertainment and distraction. The fact that for some it is unbearable to wait 10-20 for a bus is quite disappointing. Now if you want to praise Disney for coming up with this that's fine, but then don't come back here and complain about the state of the parks and their entertainment offerings (I mean cuts) because you know what, you got your bean bag game at a bus stop (which means that Disney really is trying lol).

DisneyDoug85

We were at AKL last week, and the Transportation CM who tracks when buses arrive/crowds setup some "games" for kids to play while waiting. The CM said this is something they were testing before potential wide scale rollout. They had 2 of these beanbag toss targets, and a foam "puzzle" with the WDW resort map printed on it. The CM seemed to have kids try to find places on the puzzle. When I say puzzle it was 4 2ftx2ft pieces of that foam playfloor type material that interlocked. The kids I saw seemed to have fun playing with them.
View attachment 170284

I was there last week as well, from the 8th to 15th. My kids (5 and almost 2) did enjoy playing with them. Some have asked why its neccesary to have games at a bus stop...If the bus comes relatively quickly, they probably aren't needed. But there were multiple occasions where we waited 20 minutes or more for a bus, and yes, sitting still with nothing really to do is tough to do for a toddler. We appreciated that they are making a small effort to help give the kids something to keep occupied while waiting.

I do have 1 question relating to the bus stops. Have they ever given any though to having some sort of railing to keep an "order" for people waiting to get on a bus? Something similar to what they have at the parks? I know people need to be able to pass through to the further stops, but even just a row or two would help. The reason i ask this is because on more than a couple occasions when we had decent waits for a bus, a crowd would obviously build up. There were families with small kids (mine included) that had been there for 15 minutes or more only to have people without kids showing up last minute and (because they are kidless) rushing and pushing in front to get on first. I realize for the most part its not a big deal, we sat most times anyway....but there were a couple of times where some of my party, my wife and even daughter had to stand because of people getting in front after getting to the stop last minute. Im not trying to be too picky, i know theres not a whole lot that can be done and that its not Disneys fault. It just annoys me that people can be so inconsiderate, especially when it comes to kids.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
I do have 1 question relating to the bus stops. Have they ever given any though to having some sort of railing to keep an "order" for people waiting to get on a bus? Something similar to what they have at the parks? I know people need to be able to pass through to the further stops, but even just a row or two would help. The reason i ask this is because on more than a couple occasions when we had decent waits for a bus, a crowd would obviously build up. There were families with small kids (mine included) that had been there for 15 minutes or more only to have people without kids showing up last minute and (because they are kidless) rushing and pushing in front to get on first. I realize for the most part its not a big deal, we sat most times anyway....but there were a couple of times where some of my party, my wife and even daughter had to stand because of people getting in front after getting to the stop last minute. Im not trying to be too picky, i know theres not a whole lot that can be done and that its not Disneys fault. It just annoys me that people can be so inconsiderate, especially when it comes to kids.

They do at some of the resorts. I know that POP has queues for the bus stops (maybe the other values as well, I can't remember) but haven't seen that at any of the mods/deluxes.

MinnieWaffles

I don't see what installing small games for kids at the bus stops (Great idea!) has to do with the theme parks. As usual, some take any opportunity to complain about their pet peeves...

doctornick

We hear people talk about "declining by degrees" and how Disney doesn't do all the things they used to, but this actually sounds exactly like the Disney of old -- offering a special little thing just because which can enhance the experience. It doesn't excuse cuts that occur elsewhere, but I'd love to see more "little things" like this come to the parks. They deserve praise, not criticism, when they do something right.

RSoxNo1

We hear people talk about "declining by degrees" and how Disney doesn't do all the things they used to, but this actually sounds exactly like the Disney of old -- offering a special little thing just because which can enhance the experience. It doesn't excuse cuts that occur elsewhere, but I'd love to see more "little things" like this come to the parks. They deserve praise, not criticism, when they do something right.
They deserve praise for slapping a resort logo on a $6 Toys R Us item?

Raineman

I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again-the amount of jaded, cynical people on this board is astounding. Have I complained about some things that have been done/not done at WDW? Of course. Am I negative about every tiny little thing that Disney does? No, because doing that is completely pathetic. People complain about kids with their faces buried in phones, and now they are complaining because there is a simple alternative to keep bored kids occupied? I am a 43 year old man, and even I get bored and restless when I have to wait 20 minutes in a crowded line for my soon-to-be-crowded resort bus, and my attention span is at least 100x that of a child's. But, that's OK, go ahead and call me a Disney apologist, or a pixie duster-I wouldn't expect anything less from the completely pathetic negative people on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom