Transportation Question

johnvree

Quick question: I want to go from the Poly to the Beach Club Resort. What's the quickest way via Disney transportation? Do buses run from the TTC to the resorts? Do you think I can get a bus directly from the Poly to the Boardwalk?

Thanks.

Donfan

When there in September, the busses ran from the hotels to the Parks and the TTC only. You will probably need to walk over to the bus area at the TTC and get a bus to any of the other hotels. That should be the easiest way from the Poly.

Upvote 0

johnvree

Original Poster
Originally posted by Donfan
When there in September, the busses ran from the hotels to the Parks and the TTC only. You will probably need to walk over to the bus area at the TTC and get a bus to any of the other hotels. That should be the easiest way from the Poly.

Thanks Donfan. That's what I thought. I just wasn't sure whether resort buses ran from the TTC. But it sounds like they do.

Upvote 0

RyanS

A probably less convenient way would be to go to TTC, get on a monorail to EPCOT, then exit through the International Gateway and walk to the Beach Club.

Upvote 0

Donfan

Originally posted by RyanS
A probably less convenient way would be to go to TTC, get on a monorail to EPCOT, then exit through the International Gateway and walk to the Beach Club.

Less convenient, and slower, but a lot more interesting.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

I have a question about busses. WDW busses have the sign above the front windshield that say wehre they're going. Some busses say "Special". Where do they go and what do they do? I've heard many different things about them and I was just wondering.

Upvote 0

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Donfan

There are no busses to other resorts at TTC.

Your options would be to go to the Magic Kingdom via boat or monorail and then catch a boardwalk bus there or.....

Take the MGM bus from Poly to MGM and then board the boat for the trip to the Boardwalk or ......

Take the bus from the Poly to Downtown DIsney and catch the Boardwalk bus there or.....

Us the suggeted Monorail and wlaking Epcot method.

In any case, I fyou are going to be at the Boardwalk after parks close which is fairly early this time of year, you will need ot take the bus form the Boardwalk to Dowtown to cathc the Poly bus to get home.

Upvote 0

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by MagicalMonorail
I have a question about busses. WDW busses have the sign above the front windshield that say wehre they're going. Some busses say "Special". Where do they go and what do they do? I've heard many different things about them and I was just wondering.

Busses that have "SPECIAL" on their Marquee are mostly ones that are not picking up passengers at that point in time. IT could be for any number of reasons such as mechanical, park closed or closing or driver ending his or her day.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

As an add on to this question, is it recommended to use the bus system whenever possible or to use your own vehicle to get from place to place?

Upvote 0

DDPGambit

Originally posted by JBSLJames
As an add on to this question, is it recommended to use the bus system whenever possible or to use your own vehicle to get from place to place?

It depends on where you are going. If you are just going to the parks, Disney transportation is just fine. But if you want to go from one resort to another, driving your own car is highly recomended.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by DDPGambit
It depends on where you are going. If you are just going to the parks, Disney transportation is just fine. But if you want to go from one resort to another, driving your own car is highly recomended.

That's my recommendation that I tell guests as well.

Getting to the parks using buses is fine. Going to a character breakfast, Spirit of Aloha, Hoop Dee Doo, or Downtown Disney, I recommend using your own transportation if you have it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom