Transportation Poll

Is the current WDW Transportation System effective?

• Yes - 100 % effective

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Yes - But could be improved

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • No - It is not effective

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tinkrbel

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
D'oh! I forgot to attatch the image! Silly me!

Thanks!!! those look great .. we missed last year .. I sure dont remember the new buses in 2000 were there any of the new Nova ones back then?

tinkrbel

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Here ya go!

Disney has been operating the RTS bus since the early 80's... In fact, we still have some of the originals, although they're mostly used for Cast Member shuttles, and training. (26XX-2744) A lot of them have been decommissioned, and were replaced with 2745-2799, and 4700-4804. The newest busses we have are 4805-4814... these are all late model RTS busses... they're only a few years old actually.

The new Nova LFS busses are 4815+... they are all low floor busses, with easy entry, and are quite spacious inside, to allow for more standing room. They are very nice busses.

your wonderful .. I noticed that the drive can see better too on the new buses .. and its good to know there is more standing room !!

Invero

Originally posted by tinkrbel

Thanks!!! those look great .. we missed last year .. I sure dont remember the new buses in 2000 were there any of the new Nova ones back then?

We recieved our first Nova (4815) in Feb of '01... they were slowly brought into service as Summer grew nearer. By summer time, all our drivers had been trained, and we had a decent amount in the fleet.

Invero

Originally posted by tinkrbel

your wonderful .. I noticed that the drive can see better too on the new buses .. and its good to know there is more standing room !!

Yes, visibility is AMAZING in the Novas... no annoying blind spots like the RTS. Disney made sure to put in the extra room on the bus to accommodate strollers, and to give more people breathing room... hehe... Another feature of the bus... and this is subject to the driver letting you (some might not) is that there is a shelf where the front wheels are that you can put a stroller or a bag on to get it out of the way. Just no kids. :) Also, a few busses have luggage racks up top...

I love Mickey

We just came back from Disney on March 24th. I think the buses were great. The only problem is how some of the bus drivers drive. We had one or two that I thought would tip the bus right over going around curves. We never had to wait more then ten minutes for a bus to come. We stayed at Coronado Springs and can't wait to go back again next year.

ToTBellHop

I am extremely impressed with Disney Transport. Yes, there are a couple flaws, but it is (I find) the most effective way to get me from Point A to Point B at any time when parks are open (especially opening and closing).

2much2do

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I am extremely impressed with Disney Transport. Yes, there are a couple flaws, but it is (I find) the most effective way to get me from Point A to Point B at any time when parks are open (especially opening and closing).

Hear! Hear! I agree!!!!!:D

tinkrbel

Originally posted by DogsRule!

I totally agree .. and they take ya back to the resort when you have had one toooo many at P.I. .. which is how many I always have at P.I.

Colin

Our last visit was for 3 weeks at the Boardwalk at the end of 2001. This was the first time we had stayed on Disney property and we used the buses for everything except MGM and Epcot. I think the buses always had a minimal wait and drove direct to Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom. On the trip back we just got off at S/D or Y/B and took the short walk home. I see no great problem with the buses and it is much easier than driving and then parking.

ToTBellHop

I'm always so tired after a day in the Parks...I could not FATHOM driving through the insane traffic like that...half-asleep...

raven

I rode one of the new Nova busses back in September at WDW. The first thing I noticed is that you don't have to climb up a lot of steps. It sits fairly low to the ground. The second thing was the room. There is a lot more room in these new buses.

As for the Detroit Desiel engines? Well, I live in Detroit and the busses are loud and obnoxious. I would say that the engines are bad, but the Detroit reference would turn me away if I heard more. :lol:

Raven/Scott º0º

Rdedeian

Disney Transportation is great. I know people who hate to stay inside the resort but when they do stay in the resort they realize how much easier it is to get to the parks, DD, etc with Disney Transportation.

One time we were coming back from MK and my family and I were staying at OKW and the bus driver kept cracking jokes off and everytime he went around the corner he'd go super fast around them and then come on the speaker and say this the best ride in WDW screw Space Mountain.

I really enjoy some of the bus drivers but some of them need to smile for once. There are some who never say a word sometimes and it stinks. I prefer the ones who give out info about new things going on and future projects at WDW.

Raidermatt

I'm fine with the operation of the current infrastructure. The busses are still a few years from being ancient.

I'd just like to see the monorail and ferry service expanded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom