Transportation Hours

EdnaMode

Can someone who has been to WDW recently share the hours for busses, monorail and skyliner? We're staying at GF and trying to figure out transportation for dinner. We've never really given transportation much thought when the park hours were longer -- it has always been pretty easy to get to/from where we want to eat at night. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Monorail:

D6BF1CCC-6D90-4403-9329-FE755ED16B4A.jpeg

Note that monorail service ended at 8 pm for a 7 pm MK close. Monorail may end at 7 pm when MK closes at 6. There is no leeway on closing time. They begin to shut down boarding 10 minutes prior to close. We almost had to take a cab back to Poly after dinner at the Contemporary.

Buses start one hour prior to park opening and end 90 minutes post close. I don’t know bus hours for Disney Springs as we did not go there. Nor did we use the Skyliner.

Upvote 0

EdnaMode

Original Poster
We almost had to take a cab back to Poly after dinner at the Contemporary.

Wow. When the bridges between GF and MK open, I wonder if it will be possible to walk between Poly and Contemporary later at night (ie: after security leaves.) Because otherwise, this really makes dinner more challenging for us.

We plan to have dinner a couple of nights at Disney Springs, but I also wonder if having four parks close early isn't going to funnel a ton of people toward DS for dinner (and towards the DS busses as a switching point between resorts.)

Thanks for the info! This is going to be tricky.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When the bridges between GF and MK open, I wonder if it will be possible to walk between Poly and Contemporary later at night (ie: after security leaves.)
The only way to walk between Poly and Contemporary (once the bridges open) would be:
Poly > GF > MK (with security check) > Contemporary.
It’s a hefty walk (2+ miles) and I’m fairly certain security patrols access to MK 24/7. Guests are likely not welcome in the MK entrance plaza after hours. I’ll bet the swing bridge remains open for boat traffic (not people) at night.

You are correct in that DS will be an even more popular dinner destination once the parks close early. And it is the transfer point for resort-to-resort transportation.

Having your own car (or using Uber/Lyft) helps solve the dining dilemma, but if that’s not possible I’d suggest the latest possible ADR in a park (there will be Disney transport to get you back) or eating at GF or the Poly, as that is an easy walk between resorts.

Upvote 0

EdnaMode

Original Poster
We're at GF later this month, so hopefully the walking path will be open and I can find out the bridge hours. One of the main reasons we booked there (besides that we love it...) is to be able to easily walk between GF and Poly for food, but I'd love to walk over and/or back to Contemporary to add another option at night. (We'll definitely give it a try during the day!)

We've used Lyft for offsite restaurants or other transportation snags, but prefer to use ('free') Disney transit. We haven't been back since reopening, trying to prepare in new ways. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom