Transportation from LAX

truecoat

Ooh, I hope I'm alive by 2027/who knows. This terminal 4/5 sounds awesome!

• Unified 300,000-plus square-foot, 30-gate complex for Terminals 4 and 5
  • Less roadway congestion thanks to access from public transportation via the new APM
  • A spacious new departure hall that allows direct, natural sunlight throughout the building to reduce energy consumption
  • Reconfigured ticket counter and check-in areas to reduce wait times before security screening
  • Seamless access from check-in directly to security screening areas
  • 16 lanes for security screening with automated technology
  • Transparent design with modern signage to guide passengers intuitively to their gates
  • Modern, state-of-the-art finishes and restroom facilities
  • Upgraded amenities at gate areas, including more access to power outlets and world-class dining and retail options

Mike730

Looks like they are modernizing terminals 4 and 5 to be done by 2027 (who knows) and Sun Country will be moved.

View attachment 775176

Ooh, I hope I'm alive by 2027/who knows. This terminal 4/5 sounds awesome!

• Unified 300,000-plus square-foot, 30-gate complex for Terminals 4 and 5
  • Less roadway congestion thanks to access from public transportation via the new APM
  • A spacious new departure hall that allows direct, natural sunlight throughout the building to reduce energy consumption
  • Reconfigured ticket counter and check-in areas to reduce wait times before security screening
  • Seamless access from check-in directly to security screening areas
  • 16 lanes for security screening with automated technology
  • Transparent design with modern signage to guide passengers intuitively to their gates
  • Modern, state-of-the-art finishes and restroom facilities
  • Upgraded amenities at gate areas, including more access to power outlets and world-class dining and retail options

I missed this! Thanks!

trainplane3

Seeing all of this is really making me glad we're spending a little bit more to fly through John Wayne. Hopefully LAX clears up in a few years though.

Animaniac93-98

The worst part of going to Disneyland is getting from the airport to the resort, something that's easier at every other Disney theme park complex.

I miss the Disneyland Resort Express. For 1-2 travelers, it was easier to use and cheaper than a taxi.

TP2000

Ya'll, your airport stresses me out.

It's a mess, we know. 🤣

It used to be great, but the last time that happened Lyndon Johnson was President and Ronald Reagan was Governor...

tumblr_o4bg8isSTx1umueh1o2_r1_1280.jpg

Since then, it's been through a half dozen versions with various cheap terminals and oddly era-specific ugly additions and half-baked transportation ideas plastered onto its sides. Also, someone invented Uber and Apps. The end result by the 21st century was horrifically bad. And embarrassing on a national scale. In 2018, they finally sobered up and got serious about fixing it.

And hopefully, so long as they can add 12 to 17 months to the existing calendars through 2027, it will finally be fixed. LAX will probably face another two years of delays, and they'll still be steaming the wrinkles out of the new drapes when the first Olympic athletes arrive in July, 2028. But I do honestly think this time they've given it everything they could ($10 Billion or so should do it, right?) so that it will at least be a reasonably decent airport worthy of the 1st World.

Goodness knows, anything could happen to ruin that all, but so far so good. Fingers crossed for 2027/who knows!

Last edited:

TP2000

Ooh, I hope I'm alive by 2027/who knows.

That made me chuckle and is my new favorite phrase. It can be used for so many things we discuss here... LAX, New Tomorrowland, or just Existing Tomorrowland New Entrance Planters, DisneylandForward, California High Speed Rail To Anaheim Or Really Anywhere South Of Bakersfield, Abandoned PeopleMover Tracks, OC V!be, Avengers E Ticket, A New Night Parade, Anaheim Riverfront, etc., etc.

If you don't mind, I'm going to use that line when it's appropriate. And thanks for the laugh! ;)

TP2000

The worst part of going to Disneyland is getting from the airport to the resort, something that's easier at every other Disney theme park complex.

Well, to be fair, that process between Narita Airport, or even Haneda now that more 787's land from abroad there, is no fun. Haneda is the smaller/closer but more expensive John Wayne to Narita's bigger/cheaper LAX, in comparison.

And from Narita it easily takes 2+ hours one-way without traffic, and/or several transfers from train to subway or bus, and then to monorail to a station a few blocks from your hotel. Trust me, I've done the Walk Of Shame from the monorail station to the Tokyo Disneyland Sheraton a few times in my life (how in the hell is this long walk UPHILL with decorative giant steps in the pavement if this place was built into the bay on flat landfill?!?).

And always, ALWAYS, I remember the Japanese somehow built landfill with an uphill grade and just reserve an expensive but easier/faster taxi for the return ride back to the airport after that experience.

Narita.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

I'm laughing at myself for how often I've refused to wait for the Disney Resort bus and instead trudged the Business Class-two-50 Pound-suitcases-plus-one-carryon-limit up that hill from the monorail station to the Tokyo Disneyland Sheraton. I thought maybe I was exaggerating, so I Googled, and.... Nope. The Japanese people, who have mastered expert engineering, and elegant art, and gracious craftsmanship and hospitality, somehow built a flat island on landfill in Tokyo Bay and gave the entrance to major Good Neighbor Hotels a final uphill climb with clunky oversized decorative steps carved into the pavement that destroy the wheels on even the most well made luggage. 🤣

After a 2+ hour journey from Narita Airport via public transit, including at least two transfers, the Tokyo Disney Resort monorail system deposits you at the bottom of this hill. Did I mention this resort was a giant, flat piece of tidal basin landfill?!?

So you wanna check-in at your Tokyo Disneyland Resort Hotel after your 12 hour flight, huh?
Climb this hill from the monorail station with all your luggage and prove it to us!

10659290_342093762635357_4575984486828191728_n-e1417612979416.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom