Transit Question: Dining After Park Hours

Woody74

Hello, looking for some help while making ADR's for my trip in Sept:

I'm interested in having dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL after MK closing time of 9pm.
What would be the best way to get back to my hotel (CSR) after dinner?
I believe that there's no bus service between WL and Mk?
Do boats still run between the two after closing? How long after?
Can I take a bus to TTC? Or to Epcot?
I'm sure I could take a bus to DTD and transfer, but I'd like to avoid that, if possible, since it takes FOREVER.
Approx. how much would it cost to take a cab from WL to CSR at night?
Sorry, many questions in one.

tigsmom

I believe transportation runs for about 2 hours or so after park closing. While you could take the boat to the WL from the MK you would have trouble getting back afterwards. Do you have access to a car? Thats what we usually do when staying out late at night or going to another Resort for a late dinner.

I don't know the cost of a cab, but I doubt it would be that much. Many people here use them after hours.

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

Cabs usually aren't that expensive, my girlfriend and I LOVE hanging around the Boardwalk and the Beach Club area after hours, especially nights we've spent at Epcot and MGM (actually only then), and the cost to get back to the Pop Century from there is usually like $4.25 + tip, so like $5-$6... Pop Century really isn't that far, but still... if you're only thinking of doing this one night, I'm sure the cabfare won't be too much...

hope this helps... have a fun trip!

Upvote 0

Woody74

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! According to the official schedule, no park has late EMH that night, so I guess taking transit would be risky. I have transferred at DTD before, late at night, in the pouring rain, and it wasn't fun.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

GrowingUpDisney said:
If you have a car, it may be best to drive to WL in the morning before you go to the MK. Then your car would be there and you can just drive back to CSR.

Except that leaving your car in the Resort lot when you are not a guest there opens you up to being towed. You have to check in at the guardshack and if your name isn't on the list (as a guest or morning restaurant ressie) you will be given a short time parking permit.

Upvote 0

Woody74

Original Poster
No car, so parking not an issue. I'm an automobile-hating, mass transit loving city person, so I have no intention of driving while on vacation!
Thanks for the 2 cents, though!

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

We had an 8:15 p.m. resv. at Whispering Canyon one night. We assumed that we could catch a bus back to TTC afterwards. Fortunately, a very kind bus driver actually drove just my family straight back to AS Sports. It made our night. Hurray for that CM! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

justducky78

Good idea to plan transportation in advance. We once did the luau at the Poly and ended up walking back to the WL because the monorail closed down (it was pretty late) and our car was parked at the WL (where we were staying). At least we got some exercise but it was a bit creepy. :D

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

Assuming MK is closed and it's past the 2hrs after closing....the options are -

1. Take a cab
2. Take bus to Downtown Disney and grab a bus to your resort there
3. Take the boat to the Poly...walk to the TTC...take the monorail to Epcot and pick up a bus there.

Upvote 0

swimmom

justducky78 said:
Good idea to plan transportation in advance. We once did the luau at the Poly and ended up walking back to the WL because the monorail closed down (it was pretty late) and our car was parked at the WL (where we were staying). At least we got some exercise but it was a bit creepy. :D
You should have talked with a CM they would probably have arranged transportation for you. I haven't experienced this first hand, but I have heard of others being stranded and they get you to you resort via bus or van.

For the OP - My daughter did the surfing lesson at Typhoon Lagoon and we had to take a taxi early in the morning which was about $12.00 from WL. DTD may be your only other option. There's always the possiblity that the MK hours may change and you might be able to get back to your resort via the MK.

Upvote 0

Greg34

TiggerRPh said:
Assuming MK is closed and it's past the 2hrs after closing....the options are -

1. Take a cab
2. Take bus to Downtown Disney and grab a bus to your resort there
3. Take the boat to the Poly...walk to the TTC...take the monorail to Epcot and pick up a bus there.

after park closing there are no drop offs at the park.

Upvote 0

SpectroPhoenix

This is off topic, but it does involve park hours and I didn't want to waste space with another thread.
I'm confused about the Extra Magic Hours in June. For example, at the Magic Kindom on the 5th, the hourse are from 9 - 12, yet on the 6th, the hours are the same but it is labeled as Extra Magic Hours.
If anyone has an explanation for this, I would be very thankful

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Pumpkin Phoenix said:
This is off topic, but it does involve park hours and I didn't want to waste space with another thread.
I'm confused about the Extra Magic Hours in June. For example, at the Magic Kindom on the 5th, the hourse are from 9 - 12, yet on the 6th, the hours are the same but it is labeled as Extra Magic Hours.
If anyone has an explanation for this, I would be very thankful

On June 5th the EMH are in MGM on the 6th they are in the MK... The EMH are the 3 hours following the closure of the park . The hours of operation do not include EMH, either morning or evening. Not everyday has EMH only the day listed on the calander. Hope that helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom