Transformers ride concepts

erasure fan1

Original Poster
Since the transformers has been such a big hit and the concept I think really lends itself to a ride, WDWfreak53 and I had some ideas. With disney being the experts in AAs, they could do some incredible ride special effects.

The idea I had uses tech like test track (less the breakdowns) this way you can have speed and control. The story was you are brought in to help transport energon that the autobots are producing. When suprise suprise here come the decepticons. The vehical you are in has the energon and the decepticons want it, and the chase begins. Think of how cool it might be to have a bonecrusher or baricade in vehicle mode chase you then pull to the side and here comes bumblebee or Prime to rame them out of the way. As far as the pre show goes that would be how they explain what the autobots are doing and that you need to pilot a new vehicle to help get the energon back to base. The ride would be se up sort of like dinosaur but with giant AA transformers fighting it out. The plot would be simple but man would it be cool. All that would leed up to the final chase sequence as you head to HQ and to safety. I was also thinking that to add some capacity you could have 3 different chace sequences at the end so you didnt know what you would get. That way 3 vehicles could be going stagered, getting more onto the ride and changing it up a bit too. You could have bone crusher, baricade and since I think we might see bruticus in the next movie put in onslaught for good measure. As the ride ends you exit to a recreation of autobot city.

I love the transformers, always have. So if Disney would buy the theme parks rights I would love it. This could be a great way to combat potter, a mega E-ticket robot extraviganza! Disney style!

WDWFREAK53

My idea is more based on the original show rather than the movie.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Ride

Preshow: Lifesize Bumblebee AA tells you the story of the Allspark and Energon Cubes and the reason why the Transformers are here on Earth. Here is where you give your first name to the ride operator.

Ride Vehicle: An “everyday” car-like vehicle. The ride mechanics would be similar to Spider-Man but instead of boarding through the side, the front of the cabin opens up and you board. The simulator car will have arms on either side (similar to Cyberspace Mountain). The can raise on this arm, spin, rotate, tilt, and roll 360 degrees. This entire ride mechanism would be on a track that takes you through different show-scenes.

Ride: You cruise past some high rocks and embedded in the rock is a glowing stone that shoots a laser at your vehicle. (This is the Allspark) Ratchet and Jazz see this on their way to Autobot HQ and tell you to follow along and welcome you to the team. As you drive to Autobot HQ, Optimus has called a meeting and informs you and the other Autobots that Jazz and Ratchet have spotted the Decepticons manufacturing Energon cubes. Optimus gives his famous “Autobots…Roll Out!” call and the ride begins. Optimus actually speaks to YOU when he's giving commands. (Example: "John Doe, shoot the rocks above Starscream.") When you get to a rock ledge, you transform (this completely rotating your ride vehicle so that you’re looking out of the chest of the Autobot (which is the windshield in car form). Hiding behind a wall of rock, on a ledge, overlooking a valley, Decepticons can be seen and heard in the distance filling the Cubes. All of a sudden, Ravage and Lazerbeak appear and have spotted you. Megatron shoots the rock ledge that you’re on. Your “robot” ends up somersaulting down the ledge. A huge battle ensues with you controlling the lasers of your Autobot’s guns taking aim at the Decepticons. During the battle, you transform from robot to car many times to avoid getting hit.

During the battle, different members of your team will be instructed to do different things by aiming the blasters with a joystick and firing the trigger. As you hit the correct targets, different things within the ride will activate…the more you correctly hit the targets on command, the better your chance of survival and victory.

Depending on whether you succeed in your mission, you will get one of two endings. If the Decepticons are victorious, you’ll take a track that shows that showscene…and you’ll exit the attraction walking past remains of Autobots that didn’t make it. If you succeed, you’ll go past a showscene with Optimus making you an honorary Autobot and you’ll exit the attraction walking past an AA of Bumblebee thanking you for all of your help.

Postshow: Exit into a merchandise shop dedicated solely to Transformers. Build your own Transformer stations, etc. The ride building can “transform” to look like a robot with slight hydraulic movements, lighting, and effects.

AA's of Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, Lazerbeak, and Ravage. The other Autobots are CGI images.

abreadcrumboi

ya that sounds sweet ... especially if they could accually show a vehicle transform... that would be amazing... and a reproduction of the highway scene in the movie would be sweet.

ohh and this would be a great attraction to put in MGM

WDWFREAK53

I think a Transformers ride would be awesome!! :sohappy: Love the ideas!!!

Is Transformers a Dreamworks film? Do they have any association w/ any other theme park that would get priority of such a ride?

Dreamworks Animation's biggest competition is Pixar :lol:

Transformers THE MOVIE was a Dreamworks product...but Hasbro has the rights to the toyline...so I don't think it would be a problem aside from the fact that Dreamworks may refuse to produce any more movies if they allow the toyline to be featured in a park that also has Pixar related material :lol:

WDWFREAK53

None Shall Pass!!!

Naughty Naughty Zuut! She must've lit the Allspark-shaped beacon again!

You must give her a spanking...and then...when you're done with that...you must give me a spanking. Yes, you must give us all a spanking :lol:

Can you handle a little bit of peril?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom