Transfer points

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Only issue with your idea is that you can only get 1 transfer in or out a year. So you can't use pool them and make a profit anyway.
Good point. In that case it wouldn’t be a very lucrative business ;).

I’ve never done a point transfer since I’ve never found anyone willing to give me points and I always use mine. I imagine it’s most common with people who own multiple contracts looking to combine them.

correcaminos

Good point. In that case it wouldn’t be a very lucrative business ;).

I’ve never done a point transfer since I’ve never found anyone willing to give me points and I always use mine. I imagine it’s most common with people who own multiple contracts looking to combine them.
Well multiple memberships. You can have multiple contracts and not have to transfer, I have heard those with multiple memberships not having an issue with doing more than one within their own pool at least.

I will say people transfer for pay all the time. I think the limits on transfers keeps it from being a business. I wouldn't mind if they could crack down on rentals a little more myself...

Lensman

I wouldn't mind if they could crack down on rentals a little more myself...
My personal suspicion is that rentals generate enough direct sales that they won't crack down except what they do now to prevent people from buying and renting as a business.

correcaminos

My personal suspicion is that rentals generate enough direct sales that they won't crack down except what they do now to prevent people from buying and renting as a business.
Why direct sales? A lot of people buy resale on the cheap to rent. We only have 1 resort left out at this time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why direct sales? A lot of people buy resale on the cheap to rent. We only have 1 resort left out at this time.
I was considering that as a possibility. I don’t really need more points but as long as the point rental market always stays at least double my maintenance fees if I double the number of points I own and then rent half my points each year then the rental income will always cover the MFs on all my points (both those used and those rented) leaving me with “free” stays at WDW going forward. Basically just pre-paying the MFs up front. It could be worth doing if you assume the rental market prices go up at or above the rate of the MFs.

The main reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is my fear that I’ll end up using all the points staying in Grand Villas instead of renting half my points. I’m an addict but at least I know it ;)

Lensman

My suspicion is that non-owners staying at DVC provides them with good leads for Marketing and Sales. They are in the right demographic because they have the money and they obviously want DVC-type accommodations. The only thing they need to convince them of is:
1. Come back every year or two.
2. Turn their capital into recurring accommodations.
3. Buy direct instead of resale.

I'm not saying it's easy or a slam dunk, it's just easier than selling to other leads. If we compare it to people staying at deluxe resorts, I'd expect the conversion rate for DVC renters to be higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom