Tranding pins and lanyards

Ana Klein

Original Poster
Hi guys,
About the trading pins set (pins + lanyard)-
I've seen some on E-bay and Amazon, but not as a kit, and I'm not sure if it's real or fake...
Maybe someone can help me with some links to sellers that sells real kits?
Thanks in advance and have a good evening :)

Weather_Lady

If there's a market for fake Disney pins, I haven't heard anything about it. I'm sure many former collectors sell their pins and lanyards as "lots" on Amazon or eBay. The pre-packaged kits starter that look like this one are legit -- someone just purchased it in a Disney Park and is reselling. https://www.amazon.com/2018-Disney-Parks-Trading-Starter/dp/B0797Z99HH

If you're looking for something verifiably authentic, you can always buy pins and lanyards (or a "starter set" with both) on the official Shop Disney site. https://www.shopdisney.com/parks/shop-by-category/collectibles/pins-buttons-patches/

dreamfinder

If there's a market for fake Disney pins, I haven't heard anything about it.

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but a large majority of the lots sold on Amazon or eBay are fake pins. Some people do collect the fakes specifically, but most people just buy them to have cheap traders because a) it's cheap b) many of the pins already on the CM lanyards are also fake c) people don't know better.

Weather_Lady

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but a large majority of the lots sold on Amazon or eBay are fake pins. Some people do collect the fakes specifically, but most people just buy them to have cheap traders because a) it's cheap b) many of the pins already on the CM lanyards are also fake c) people don't know better.

I was being serious -- I've never attempted to collect or trade pins (no judgment on those that do, I just never understood the draw) and had no idea there was enough of a market for Disney pins for there to be counterfeits. I just felt badly that nobody was responding to the OP, so I gave the best answer I could as a non-pin-trader. Thank you for correcting the record.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

I was being serious -- I've never attempted to collect or trade pins (no judgment on those that do, I just never understood the draw) and had no idea there was enough of a market for Disney pins for there to be counterfeits. I just felt badly that nobody was responding to the OP, so I gave the best answer I could as a non-pin-trader. Thank you for correcting the record.

No worries. Sadly, as the OP was inferring, alot of the pins in the market are fakes. Most of the CM "Hidden Mickey" pins that get released to the lanyards are faked pretty quickly. And even the fancier ones are often faked now as well. It's going to happen when Disney charges $8 and up for something that costs prob 10-20 cents to make (they are even cheaper when the manufacturers use inferior materials, less QC, etc).

OP, anytime you are paying less than a few dollars a pin, odds are it's fake. If the pins come in the little tiny Ziploc baggies, probably fake. If the posting says "100% tradable", it's probably fake. Any seller that has large lots, whose listing says "Pictures representative, your lot may vary. Multiple lots may include duplicates", once again, probably fake. Unless you are paying $3ish per pin or more, buying the pins that are exactly what you see, and you can look for the obvious marks of being faked on them in large clear picture on the posting, they are probably going to be faked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom