Trammy tram trams

Nottamus

Original Poster
Ok, we were in wdw world last week, and the lack of trams wasn’t really noticed EXCEPT AK. That walk can be brutal for some reason

What we did notice:

First day there, we cut across tram road instead of walking all around the curve in AK parking lot - we weren’t the only ones, and it was noticeably shorter by a bit and a half.

Second day, they stationed cast members with little hand held stop signs just far enough apart to turn back any of us that tried to cut parking lots

Sooo, I’m not complaining, because walking is all we ever do there- just pointing out that little ironic:

“You have to walk the long way”
“No trams for you”

Just for the record, I’ve never even used a tram, we always took buses pre covid. Driving to parks is all new to us

Gillyanne

During prime covid times, they were parking people in the lots closest to the trees/sidewalk/entrance. Albeit it was the back of the 2 (the front being shuttles/preferred), but it did seem like not a long trek. We experienced the same as you when we were there in March (didn't go to AK our Feb trip) they were parking us at the further back lots. I wonder why they changed it, esp since when we were parked in the further ones, the closer ones were empty.

bpiper

Ok, we were in wdw world last week, and the lack of trams wasn’t really noticed EXCEPT AK. That walk can be brutal for some reason

What we did notice:

First day there, we cut across tram road instead of walking all around the curve in AK parking lot - we weren’t the only ones, and it was noticeably shorter by a bit and a half.

Second day, they stationed cast members with little hand held stop signs just far enough apart to turn back any of us that tried to cut parking lots

Sooo, I’m not complaining, because walking is all we ever do there- just pointing out that little ironic:

“No trams for you”

Just for the record, I’ve never even used a tram, we always took buses pre covid. Driving to parks is all new to us

So they have the staff to block the walking shortcut but they don't have staff to run the trams????

Right!!!

JoeCamel

Don't test them. This entire tram situation is being run with little sanity. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they banned someone for something as little as that. Case in point on the insanity:
OK as long as I can get it on TikTok

Club Cooloholic

What we did notice:

“No trams for you”

I agree that they always do seem to try to park people either to the extreme ends or farthest from the entrance. That said I don't believe I have ever parked to the left of the gates...always right.

Nottamus

Original Poster
thinking back, I really should have grabbed a picture. The stop signs were not bigger than 4”?

Not regulation “stop or I’ll tackle you” size

We are back in October, I’ll grab a pic then- because I’ll assume Trams won’t be there.

Royal Purple Pigment

PXL_20220523_150407652.jpg

Tram training at AK today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom