trails end??

Mother of 5

Original Poster
was curious about eating at trails end has anyone been? and what is your opinion and how long would it take to get from magic kingdom?

gooftroop5

Our family enjoyed Trails End the last time we went. We did the dinner buffet and feel it is a hidden gem. :) There is a boat from MK that takes you straight there. If I remember correctly the actual boat ride takes about 15-20 minutes. You will also need to allow time to wait on the boat and a few minutes to walk to Trails End, but it isn't far from where the boat docks.

NiarrNDisney

Its a short boat ride away not to mention a relaxing one that gets you away from the hustle and bustle! Lunch is serves a la carte while dinner is buffet style offering what I have been told is some of the best fried chicken on property.

GrammieBee

The atmosphere is log cabin casual with corresponding type food. The fried chicken is the same as you get at the Hoop De Doo show. Breakfast and dinner are both buffet, offering a good variety of food. Lunch is not buffet. The food is not fine dining, but we have never had anything we didn't like. The restaurant is sit down dining with waiters taking your drink order.

There is a direct boat from the docks at the Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness. Trail's End restaurant is a short walk from the dock. It is located next to Pioner Hall where the Hoop De Doo dinner show is held. The boat ride takes about twenty minutes with one stop at Wilderness Lodge.

The restaurant is a pleasant getaway from the crowds at the Magic Kingdom. We probably should try to keep it a hidden gem.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have eaten there several times, and loved it every time. The boat ride from the MK is very relaxing, and doesn't take very long. If you go later in the evening, you can catch the Electric Water Pageant.

Not very nice Master Yoda, but I like it! It is a hidden gem!

NMBC1993

Trail's End is THE best restaurant on property (in my opinion). The buffet at dinner has so many delicious "home cookin'" favorites to choose from! Every time I go I'm sad when I have no more room in my tummy for more, seems like I always miss something I wanted to try:D

There's a boat that leads directly from the Magic Kingdom docks straight to FW, they don't even force you to stop at WL along the way. I would definitly recommend you try this restaurant if you get the chance!

disney4life2008

I went for the first time a few weeks ago. Definitely a place to experience once but I found the food to not be exceptional as others state. The main pull is the fried chicken- I found it to be OK. Honestly Ryans or golden corral chicken is overwhelming much better. The sides were good but again, not exceptional. The chili however was amazing as was the red velvet cake. Staff was excellent and everything remained refilled and clean. Overall it's a nice place to try, the price is worth it alone. But it does not have repeat value for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not a fan of it myself. It is really basic, uninspired food, which I don't think is worth paying for in a restaurant. If you are looking for that kind of food though, it's your place.

s&k'smom

We stumbled upon it a few trips ago, even when it's semi busy it has a quietness about it, we love it and always go every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom