Traditions

PlutosPalace

Banned
Original Poster
What is one (or more) of your traditions for your family on each trip?

We have several. We always go to DTD for our first day since we don't arrive until around 11am and cannot get from the airport to the resort, check in, and then to a park before 2pm.
We always have lunch at Casey's Corner for our first MK day. (always the first park day of our trips too)
We always buy a set of chopsticks from the Japan Pavilion.

David

What is one (or more) of your traditions for your family on each trip?

We have several. We always go to DTD for our first day since we don't arrive until around 11am and cannot get from the airport to the resort, check in, and then to a park before 2pm.
We always have lunch at Casey's Corner for our first MK day. (always the first park day of our trips too)
We always buy a set of chopsticks from the Japan Pavilion.

Ours avre VERY similar to yours. We don't always go to DTD, but MK is always our first (and last) park and Casey's is our first stop.

BigRedDad

If we fly, we go to AK first and lunch at FTBBQ. We won't have lunch there on the first day this trip because we have early ADRs for dinner at Boma. If my DD is good all day with out the "buy me this, buy me that, I want this, I want that", she gets a stuffed animal at the end of each day (~$10-$15). She loves putting them in the window when we head out.

PlutosPalace

Banned
Original Poster
We always start out with Animal Kingdom and End with Magic Kingdom! And we always eat way too many Dole Whips. :)

I love me some Dole-Whip. :slurp: I just wish they made them a little different. I got 4 of them last trip and they were melting all over the counter before I could even pay for them. :eek:

cowanfamily

We always start out at AK as well. Were outta there by 1 headed to our room then the MK that night. Our trip always ends with a viewing of Wishes.

PlutosPalace

Banned
Original Poster
We always start out at AK as well. Were outta there by 1 headed to our room then the MK that night. Our trip always ends with a viewing of Wishes.

Ahhh that's one of ours too. We always go to MK for our last day and have breakfast at CRT. Then we watch Wishes as we float across the lake on the ferry. :D

sod4

If we get to WDW the afternoon/night before we plan to go into the parks, we always ride the Monorail around that night.

If we get to WDW early enough that it's worth it to go to the parks the day we get there we go to MK first (by bus or monorail, doesn't matter)

Scuttle

Animal kingdom first. It usually works out perfect. We get there at 10-11 and if the room is ready we go get settled and then off to AK. If the room isn't we are off to AK. It's a great park for check in day. Plus we knock it out of the way so then we can just use Disney transportation for the rest of the trip.

Goofy6294

One lasting tradition of ours is that we take a picture in front of the fountain at Tony's on each trip. We began doing this on our honeymoon, and I love looking at those pictures to see how our family has grown over the years!

acishere

-Starring Rolls for breakfast at DHS
-Everytime I go somewhere I leave a pressed penny. My grandfather started this weird tradition and after he died I took the box pennies and continued it.
-Next year will be my first adult trip so until now sitting there bored while my parents and their friends wine and/or margarita hopped was basically a tradition.
-Used to always have have lunch at Aunt Pollys, but that tradition has been killed.
-Dead tradition #2 was first night go to the Adventurers Club
-Watch the Electrical Parade from the Polynesian
-Take a nighttime stroll in Fort Wilderness
-Be taken offsite by relatives I have in the area to this Italian restaurant. I don't know where or what it is called but the pizza was like it was shipped from NYC

GoochDSA

I would list all of our usual traditions (just me and my girflriend) but thinking about our upcoming trip I realize we aren't going to be doing any of them. I guess it's our unintentional way of keeping the trip fresh. :cool:

Tomi-Rocket

only 1....

So far the only one is going to Beaches and Cream on the day we leave. Although it's only our second time doing it this year :ROFLOL: we decided on our last trip that's something we'll always do at the end of each trip.

Pecosburger

usually arrive on a Saturday, go to DTD to Rainforest for dinner.
Magic Kingdom-always a burger at Pecos Bill.
one thats changed-we had a dog and when in Magic Kingdom he would stay at the kennel while we were inside. I would leave the park around 2 and hop on the monorail to go back and let him out while my family stayed inside. after taking the dog for a walk, I would hit the Poly outside bar for 2 Mai Tais. MMMM! Walk thru the Poly grounds then back to the park.
Epcot, cheese platter and a pint at Rose & Crown
more to come :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom