Traditions what to expect

Amanda Elizabeth Morales

Original Poster
Hello Everyone :)
I am new to Disney and I applied for a full time position as a food and beverage quick service hostess. I completed the application on 6/8/2017 and input Monday through Saturday as my availability and on 07/03/2017 I completed a web based assessment and I was scheduled an interview for 7/12/2017 the interview was 7 minutes and I was offered a part time position at Cosmic Ray's At Magic Kingdom and I was told Friday,Saturday and Saturday they require me to work those days. I also work at publix part time and I notified them my availability and I mentioned that I started at Disney Friday-Sunday. And they accommodated my schedule

I went to my onboarding appointment last Thursday 7/20/2017 and I completed my onboarding paperwork and gave me a pamphlet which tells me when is my traditions which is this Saturday 7/29/2017 at 8:30am. I am new to this and I would like to know how traditions work ?how long it lasts? What to expect? And when do I meet up with my Leader/Supervisor about questions regarding my availability? Where do I clock in and clock out? How long is my lunch breaks? How do I access my schedule online? And is there a lockers to place my belongings? When do I get my uniforms? And Employee Pick up and Drop Off I don't have a car I ride Access Lynx so I would need to make accommodations one day in advance to get to and from work.. I'm sorry for the long message. But I am very Eager to start

dhslxop

Congrats on becoming a Cast Member! I am a new CM myself, and I just had traditions 2 weeks ago. I don't want to go into too much detail because it's really a great experience, but I'll answer what I can.

I am new to this and I would like to know how traditions work ?how long it lasts? What to expect?
Traditions is at the Disney University building that is just north of the Magic Kingdom. I am pretty sure that it is a stop on the Lynx bus. Be sure to get there early. There are a lot of new CMs that they process at one time, so they usually start calling groups in a little bit earlier. I think I got out right around 5:00 p.m., but they do give you a lunch break as well as other breaks. Be sure to bring money or lunch so you can eat - the restaurant in Disney University was open during my Saturday Traditions class, but it was not open on Sunday during my 2nd day of training.

Traditions is essentially Disney 101 - you learn and discuss the company and the culture, plus other good bits of information regarding CM and guest safety, conduct, etc. Think of it like a day of learning in a classroom.

At the end of Traditions, you will get the next part of your Orientation schedule - that will include day 2 (mine was the next day, but it may be different based on your availability) and usually day 3 of training. We had 2 more classroom style learning sessions that day in the Disney University building - the schedule will tell you what time you have to be there, and what your ending time is (which, again, can be different based on role, availability, etc.)

Day 3 for me was my park orientation - but it wasn't for about another week (again, this can be different for each line of business, role & availability). You essentially get to learn about the history and culture of the park you will be working at. This is also when they gave the schedule for your on the job training. I'm also part time, and the training department did a FANTASTIC job of making the schedule work to my needs because of school.

And when do I meet up with my Leader/Supervisor about questions regarding my availability?

I haven't gotten to this step yet, but I think you meet them once you start your specific training at your place of work.

Where do I clock in and clock out? How long is my lunch breaks? How do I access my schedule online? And is there a lockers to place my belongings? When do I get my uniforms?

All of this will be shown to you during your park orientation. The training department is truly AMAZING - the CMs are there for you literally every step of the way. For example, a few people with me in training had issues getting into their online account, and the CMs helped them step-by-step to make sure they could login.

And Employee Pick up and Drop Off I don't have a car I ride Access Lynx so I would need to make accommodations one day in advance to get to and from work.. I'm sorry for the long message. But I am very Eager to start

Like I said, I'm pretty sure there is a Lynx bus stop at Disney University, which is very close to where the bus to MK & MK costuming are. But definitely ask your trainer to be sure - they will absolutely be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Amanda Elizabeth Morales

Original Poster
Congrats on becoming a Cast Member! I am a new CM myself, and I just had traditions 2 weeks ago. I don't want to go into too much detail because it's really a great experience, but I'll answer what I can.

Traditions is at the Disney University building that is just north of the Magic Kingdom. I am pretty sure that it is a stop on the Lynx bus. Be sure to get there early. There are a lot of new CMs that they process at one time, so they usually start calling groups in a little bit earlier. I think I got out right around 5:00 p.m., but they do give you a lunch break as well as other breaks. Be sure to bring money or lunch so you can eat - the restaurant in Disney University was open during my Saturday Traditions class, but it was not open on Sunday during my 2nd day of training.

Traditions is essentially Disney 101 - you learn and discuss the company and the culture, plus other good bits of information regarding CM and guest safety, conduct, etc. Think of it like a day of learning in a classroom.

At the end of Traditions, you will get the next part of your Orientation schedule - that will include day 2 (mine was the next day, but it may be different based on your availability) and usually day 3 of training. We had 2 more classroom style learning sessions that day in the Disney University building - the schedule will tell you what time you have to be there, and what your ending time is (which, again, can be different based on role, availability, etc.)

Day 3 for me was my park orientation - but it wasn't for about another week (again, this can be different for each line of business, role & availability). You essentially get to learn about the history and culture of the park you will be working at. This is also when they gave the schedule for your on the job training. I'm also part time, and the training department did a FANTASTIC job of making the schedule work to my needs because of school.

I haven't gotten to this step yet, but I think you meet them once you start your specific training at your place of work.

All of this will be shown to you during your park orientation. The training department is truly AMAZING - the CMs are there for you literally every step of the way. For example, a few people with me in training had issues getting into their online account, and the CMs helped them step-by-step to make sure they could login.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure there is a Lynx bus stop at Disney University, which is very close to where the bus to MK & MK costuming are. But definitely ask your trainer to be sure - they will absolutely be able to point you in the right direction.

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom