Traditions Class

robinj003

Original Poster
I have my traditions class coming up on the 24th. I haven't been scheduled for anything else yet. I'm trying to plan my week and wonder if anyone knows if they give you your training schedule at the traditions class (Like, "you guys will have another class tomorrow, see you then".) or if I will be scheduled for my week of training the following week. Sorry if that was confusing! But thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Scar Junior

In the last few minutes of Traditions you'll receive a piece of paper telling you your next 1-2 days that you'll be scheduled for. It says where to go and when and how to dress. Nothing beyond that.

There will be two people handing them out and you will be able to talk with them at the end and ask any questions you may have. My recommendation is to wait 5 or so minutes while they get stormed with other people and be one of the last people in the room so you get to discuss anything you have and neither of you feel rushed.

In the last half of traditions you will receive your ID and Name Tag... There's a few fun surprises throughout the day. Dress for the weather accordingly. You may be going outside at some point.

As of that night you'll be able to use your (temporary) ID to get into the parks and get CM discounts. Your access to the Hub comes during your area orientation... Also, the Shoe requirement will not be discussed during traditions, but at your area orientation.

Granted, there are a ton of different roles and work areas, so things are subject to change. But I had Traditions (again) recently and this was the process...

Scar Junior

Just want to make this clear.... that next 1-2 days you're scheduled for may be the next day, it may be later that week, it might be the next week...

Like I said... every situation is unique. But it will tell you at the very least the next 1 or 2 days you need to show up and where (with a map).

Monorail_Red

Before Traditions I knew when Traditions was as well as my training following that. I got my ID before traditions too. But like Scar said, every situation is unique.

Monorail_Red

Leonardo

I have my Traditions class on the 31st.

For the name tag, do they ask there what home town you want listed there or was that the information on the outside of the folder?

My wife remembers when the class was 3 days long!

Leonardo

It was awesome!
Now, I just have to see how/when to change the hometown on my name tag. I didn't know when they asked me that that's what they meant. I know I might have to pay for it but there isn't a "Just this once!" type of thing?

Captain Hank

It was awesome!
Now, I just have to see how/when to change the hometown on my name tag. I didn't know when they asked me that that's what they meant. I know I might have to pay for it but there isn't a "Just this once!" type of thing?
You can order a new nametag at your closest costuming location. If they got the original info wrong, you may be able to get a free replacement. Otherwise, it does cost $5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom