Trading Pins

tigsmom

Does anyone know if the pins you buy at the Disney Store are able to be trade.

As long as they are cloisonnes (the enamel ones) they should be ok. We've never had trouble trading with them. The buttons (the type with a safety pin type backing) are not included.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

As far as I know, if someone offers to trade you can trade anyone you want to, but some you just want to hang on to. Like for instance I have a segway around the world pin that you earn by doing the tour. Then if you get chosen to go up on stage at the AC for the radio show you get a AC pin, which a friend of my wife's got when I managed to get her picked for it. We almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

As far as I know, if someone offers to trade you can trade anyone you want to, but some you just want to hang on to. Like for instance I have a segway around the world pin that you earn by doing the tour. Then if you get chosen to go up on stage at the AC for the radio show you get a AC pin, which a friend of my wife's got when I managed to get her picked for it. We almost had a heart attack laughing so hard.

True, but there is a set of rules for pin trading and what is tradeable and what is not. My girls and I got a "manager's Pin" from the manager at the Poly a few years ago and while its a cloisonnes pin it is not tradeable.

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

For the most part as long as the Disney copyright is on the back, they are fine to trade. Authenticity and that they are Disney made are important besides that, there are some cast only pins which should never be traded, but a cast member should know whether or not that is true and it should not be on a cast lanyard anyway. Me I've got a couple different collections I have 1 I wear to the park if I want to show off and another if I want to trade. The showoff one has my Magic Kingdom Cast pin and most of the limited edition one's I have.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I just want to add that ebay is a good place to get some pins. I was able to get some retired pins that completed Lil'Mermaid's collection and some old Minnie pins for Princess #2.

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Most of the ones you buy in the store or the park are not worth much in a trade but yes you can trade them. It's the hard one's to get that are really of any value. I have as bunch of CM pins having worked there for 9 1/2 years, we have a special pin that was made of 9/11 for CM, and having participated in the huge telethon they ran a few days afterward, is not something that I or I think any CM would really trade. The Epcot Centennial CM pin is a good one to get if you can, one of the CM was offered $350.00 on the spot for it while over at Epcot....just keep your eyes open for those you know you have never seen in the store....

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I just want to add that ebay is a good place to get some pins. I was able to get some retired pins that completed Lil'Mermaid's collection and some old Minnie pins for Princess #2.

My DH purchased some very cool pins for me for my Birthday from Ebay and we were very pleased. I am nervous about purchasing anything from Ebay but, DH does it all the time.

Upvote 0

gibson12

Internet Trading

I think some collectors trade with each other over the internet as well, but I haven't figured out how to get involved. There are a couple good sites for looking up pins, but finding out what they're worth is tricky. There doesn't seem to be a good online value guide. Sometimes I want to know if I've found one that is rare, but the info available on the websites doesn't always help. If anyone knows more about pricing and trading online, I'd be interested.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Gram1554, I noticed your from the St.Louis area, we are in Godfrey, IL. If you know anyone in the Springfield / Branson area, or if you happen to go there before your trip to WDW, check out the Disney Outlet at the Tanger Outlet Mall. We went to Branson in June and I bought a boat load of pins for less than $1.00 each. Then on our Girl Scout trip to WDW in August all of the girls in the troop got to do some pin trading without breaking the troop funds!

Upvote 0

brisem

We bought quite a few on ebay pretty cheap for the kids. Then when we went to the Parks, the kids could trade them. Most of the pins we bought were $2 and under.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom