Trader Sam's

m steve

Original Poster
I am thinking that, in order to get a table inside the bar, one has to line up before Sam's opens. Is this correct? How early should I plan on lining up?

Thanks!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In the not-too-distant past, you could sign up as early as a half-hour before opening, and they'd buzz you when they were ready to let you in.

MrHappy

I got there at 2:30 and the line was half way down the hall (Oct 27). There was a cast member working her way down the line to put names on the list.

mariedarling

i think it depends. If it's a weekend / holiday (aka busy) - Yes, i would get there early. If its a weekday i think you should be OK. Then again i've gone at 9pm and got a table so when you want to go is a factor as well. There are not many tables. If it is busy and you can't wait... i would suggest going to the Tiki Terrace outside. you can get the same drinks there and there are more tables. :)

Have fun!

m steve

Original Poster
i think it depends. If it's a weekend / holiday (aka busy) - Yes, i would get there early. If its a weekday i think you should be OK. Then again i've gone at 9pm and got a table so when you want to go is a factor as well. There are not many tables. If it is busy and you can't wait... i would suggest going to the Tiki Terrace outside. you can get the same drinks there and there are more tables. :)

Have fun!
We will be there on 12/9, which is a Thursday but close to the holidays... I think that it might be pretty busy...

mariedarling

We will be there on 12/9, which is a Thursday but close to the holidays... I think that it might be pretty busy...

I will be in WDW the 11th! Honestly - i think you should be OK. My husband loves Trader Sam's so we will be trying to go as much as possible in a 5 day window haha

allidog1

You should be fine on 12/9, it’s the next week that I would be more worried about (FL seasonal passes get blocked out that next week if that tells you anything).

James J

In the Parks
No
In the not-too-distant past, you could sign up as early as a half-hour before opening, and they'd buzz you when they were ready to let you in.

That's still a thing now - it was happening when we were there in October, but we just stood and waiting for opening and got a table straight away.

macefamily

I suggest you put your name in at the host table, and then head to the outside lounge where they serve the same exact drinks. We did that last time and it worked out well although I caught a fairly good buzz having a drink outside and then ordering another when we got into Trader Sam's. They make a fairly stiff drink although not as stiff as Spice Road Table at Epcot in Morocco. I've seen some people wobbling out of that place.

Weather_Lady

this. Disneyland's is so much better. The one at WDW is trying too hard

Plus, the one at Disneyland opens at 11:30am -- the perfect time to have lunch, so if you want to show up at opening to avoid having to wait, it's a convenient time of day to sit down and enjoy some food and beverages (as my family did on our trip to DL last summer -- it was such fun!). The opening time at WDW (3pm) is sort of a weird, in-between time of the afternoon when I'm neither hungry nor interested in a cocktail, and the many threads about how crowded it can get there later in the evening have discouraged me from wanting to attempt it at any other time. So we just won't.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom