Trader Sam’s post-8pm reservations

earthtogreg

Original Poster
I am looking to go to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto to put my name in for a “first come, first serve” spot. However, we aren’t looking to drink until later in the evening.

Everything I’ve read online has been about posting up outside the lounge around 3pm to get on the list. However, what I have not been able to figue out is whether the ”first come, first serve” quickly fills up for the entirety of the evening, or just on some sort of 1-3 hour horizon.

For example, I have no problem showing up at 7pm to put my name in and then having to wait for a seat at any point before closing. But, I’m not sure if the entire evening pretty much gets booked up by folks camping out at 3pm.

Another issue to consider with the things I’ve read online about the waitlist is that a lot of these articles were written within the first few weeks that Trader Sam’s reopened.

For anyone with hyper-specific advice, I will be looking to go the Saturday or Sunday on Labor Day weekend. Obviously, not an ideal slow time, but this is when my guests will be there with me. Thanks in advance!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I am looking to go to Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto to put my name in for a “first come, first serve” spot. However, we aren’t looking to drink until later in the evening.

Everything I’ve read online has been about posting up outside the lounge around 3pm to get on the list. However, what I have not been able to figue out is whether the ”first come, first serve” quickly fills up for the entirety of the evening, or just on some sort of 1-3 hour horizon.

For example, I have no problem showing up at 7pm to put my name in and then having to wait for a seat at any point before closing. But, I’m not sure if the entire evening pretty much gets booked up by folks camping out at 3pm.

Another issue to consider with the things I’ve read online about the waitlist is that a lot of these articles were written within the first few weeks that Trader Sam’s reopened.

For anyone with hyper-specific advice, I will be looking to go the Saturday or Sunday on Labor Day weekend. Obviously, not an ideal slow time, but this is when my guests will be there with me. Thanks in advance!
I can only give you advice from my last time at Trader Sam's back in 2019. That evening, my friend and I arrive about 7:30pm and put our name on the waiting list. We went outside and grabbed a drink from the patio bar and found a spot for the fireworks at 9. About 9:45ish, our name was called and we went in for our drinks. It could be different now but we didn't have any issues then.

Smugpugmug

I went to Trader Sam's in mid May and put my name on the waitlist at 7 pm (at this time I noticed families with kids being turned away from signing up as it becomes 21 and over only at 8). I sat on the Poly beach while waiting to be called back and I received the text at 8:10, so a 1 hour 10 minute wait. I was told when signing up that the wait was projected to be a 1 1/2-2 hour wait.

earthtogreg

Original Poster
I went to Trader Sam's in mid May and put my name on the waitlist at 7 pm (at this time I noticed families with kids being turned away from signing up as it becomes 21 and over only at 8). I sat on the Poly beach while waiting to be called back and I received the text at 8:10, so a 1 hour 10 minute wait. I was told when signing up that the wait was projected to be a 1 1/2-2 hour wait.
Awesome, yours and the previous post are exactly the answers that I’m looking for.

Also, I’m sure that I’m not the only one out here that would enjoy an evening drink, sans the under 21 crowd, without having to line up at 3pm like all the websites seem to suggest. 🙄

Smugpugmug

Awesome, yours and the previous post are exactly the answers that I’m looking for.

Also, I’m sure that I’m not the only one out here that would enjoy an evening drink, sans the under 21 crowd, without having to line up at 3pm like all the websites seem to suggest. 🙄
Oh I agree with you. I've gone during the day and at night and IMO it's better at night when it becomes 21 and up only.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just realize that the list will get you in based on how many empty seats there are. They may not be all at the same table or together at the bar.

Sandurz

It feels like one of those self-fulfilling prophecies. It’s not that bad out in Disneyland! Idk why it has to be here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom