Track Down a Disney Character

Magic Maker

Original Poster
For those that are hoping to meet and greet with their favorite Disney character, you have help! Anytime you are in a Disney park stop by a merchandise shop. Tell them you what character you were hoping to meet and they have a special phone they can call to help you locate the time and place to meet your favorite character.

In order to preserve the Magic only one park can be checked at a time, and remember the Disney characters are very busy, so appearances are subject to change without notice.

Hope this helps!

This thread inspired by a recent thread discussion the rare appearance of my favorite two characters Donald and Daisy Duck

robynchic

You mean the CHIP hotline? It's not 100% accurate. Your best bet would be to ask an attendant in a particular large-character-populated area who all is out now, and will be out later.

Examples of large-character-population areas: Town Square, around the big hat in Disney's MGM Studios, Camp Minnie Mickey in DAK.

And even then they may not know, unless you find an attendant/captain with a radio who can directly radio another captain in the same park at the moment.

Example: When we were in the Studios two months ago, we asked the Power Rangers' captain if they knew whether Kim and ROn would be out and about. They simply radioed Kim and Ron's attendant and got the info for us.

Example 2: Same trip, we asked an attendant in Toon Town Fair if Belle would be visiting there in her gold dress any time that day. She said no, but called the CHIP hotline to find out where Belle would be later that day. She gave us times when Belle would be visiting later in EPCOT. Nevermind the fact that about 150 feet away, Belle was holding Storytime next to the Castle at that exact moment.

Rely on the radios, not the hotline.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
A thousand apologies.

Did I not say at the bottom of my original post, appearance subject to change without notice?

I did not call the hotline by its name because in training we are told not to call it by name in from of Guests. And the hotline is more usefull then wandering around trying to find characters on your own.
ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: If you are going to use the hotline you need to specify which park you want to see the character in.

I think it is easier to pop into one of the hundreds of merchandise shops then to track down one of the 5-10 character greeters in the entire park.

But that's just me :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
there's considerably more than 5-10 per park. Each character in the park usually has at least 1, plus 1 or 2 breakers running throughout the park

Computer Magic

ChipmunkStar said:
Now now, just because the people who have more accurate information jumped in to help out doesn't mean you need to "Whatever" them...
Perhaps you don't understand the history although your join date is 2003....

Magic Maker has been around a long time on these boards and worked in well known Disney places. She is well respected. MKT and Magic Maker know each other so I'm sure it's a friendly "whatever".

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
Just out of interest, does Belle ever do a meet and greet in her gold ballgown? or is always kept for shows and parades?

Atta83

gibsonc said:
Just out of interest, does Belle ever do a meet and greet in her gold ballgown? or is always kept for shows and parades?

Yes she does every now and then she does in toon town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom