Toyko Dining? What do folks think?

kverdon

Original Poster
Hi all,

We just changed our Candlelight Processional package on the 10th from Rose and Crown to Tokyo Dining. We enjoy Japanese Cuisine but have not eaten there before so were wondering what people thought of the restaurant.

take care,

Kevin and Mona

rkelly42

If you are eating at Teppan Edo, you will not be disappointed in my opinion. I love eating there and make it a habit of doing so every trip.

Monorail Lime

Tokyo Dining is one of our "must visits" on every trip. I think you will definitely love it since you enjoy Japanese cuisine. I recommend the Shinjuku Gozen combination; it has several pieces of sashimi sushi and a tempura assortment including shrimp, sweet potato, and shiitake mushroom. The sashimi was as fresh as any sushi bar I've ever been to, including the ones in Japan! For the perfect feast, I add on a glass or two of surprisingly reasonably-priced sake and green tea pudding for dessert. Itadakimasu!

French Quarter

We ate at Teppan Edo during our last trip and, therefore, walked past the tables at Tokyo Dining. It looked really nice and I wished we had chosen that instead of the teppan side. The menu looks fantastic. I can't offer you much more than that since I didn't actually eat there but I would definitely give it a try...certainly over the Rose and Crown.

Japane Dining

In a word (or sound)....MMMMMMMM. My family and I (DD 16, DS 11, DS5 and my Mom 70'ish) went there last November not knowing what to expect. It was great. Entertaining and the food was delish. Even if the chef wasn't so entertaining the meal was delish. WE had tempura, teryaki style meats and sushi. Sushi is mine and my DD's fav. and it was so fresh and delish. The sushi alone made this meal a joy. :slurp: We are going again in November '10 (just my DD and I) and her request was "we MUST go back to Teppan Edo. You will not be disappointed.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The sushi is very good, but the service is SLOW. Every time I've been there (with a reservation, mind you), the hostess has told me they were running "20-30 minutes behind." She'd then present me with one of those beepers. It was a little irritating because it effectively rendered my ADR useless. A restaurant that is almost entirely booked with ADR's should not have a huge crowd of people milling about in the tiny lobby.

Candlejack

The sushi is very good, but the service is SLOW. Every time I've been there (with a reservation, mind you), the hostess has told me they were running "20-30 minutes behind." She'd then present me with one of those beepers. It was a little irritating because it effectively rendered my ADR useless. A restaurant that is almost entirely booked with ADR's should not have a huge crowd of people milling about in the tiny lobby.

I've never had a problem like that at Tokyo Dining. It's one of my favorites, if not my favorite, restaurant in all of WDW. The entire experience is fantastic. We never wait for more than five minutes. The view is gorgeous, but I prefer the mood screen-thing. The wait staff is so genuine, quick, and helpful, and the food is incredible. I love the sushi demonstrations, too.

worldfanatic

I've never had a problem like that at Tokyo Dining. It's one of my favorites, if not my favorite, restaurant in all of WDW. The entire experience is fantastic. We never wait for more than five minutes. The view is gorgeous, but I prefer the mood screen-thing. The wait staff is so genuine, quick, and helpful, and the food is incredible. I love the sushi demonstrations, too.

Although I did have a bit longer wait. I totally agree with this post.
Very cool atmosphere, amazing Japanese service (a step above others), awesome Tempura.
It's become my favorite World Showcase spot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just an FYI but Tepan Edo and Tokyo dining are 2 different restaurants. Many people posting seem to be confusing the two which is completely understandable . Teppna Edo is a Teppanyaki style restaurant where as Tokyo Dining is much more like you typical table service restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom