Toy Story

Karolena

Original Poster
So, I was talking to some friends today and we were talking about Toy Story. They said there is supposed to be a third movie and I figured here would be a good place to ask.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Philo

Don't know a whole lot about it but I think it is scheduled for release around 2010 - 2011 ish. Last I heard I was going to be another disney-pixar release (no real supprise) and I think it will keep most of the original cast (i.e. toys and their voice actors).

I doubt if anyone can give you details on the storyline yet though and there will be at least one other movie before this is released

I'm sure this will be moved to the Animation/Movie forum, where info about Pixar's upcoming releases are posted.

There are four movies, I believe, in Pixar's production pipeline right now. "Wall-E", next year's release, "Up!" for 2009, and then two live action/CGI movies, set for release in 2010 and 2011.

So the earliest Toy Story 3 could be released is 2012.

-CBF

Karolena

Original Poster
Thanks. That's a lot of information.

I don't know how to move the thread to the appropriate spot, but if it could be that would be great.

This is all from wikipedia, but

toy story 3 was originally planned by Disney pictures, but Pixar wouldn't sign on for the sequel. Despite an unwritten agreement that Disney would avoid Pixar sequels without Pixar involvement, Toy Story 3 got the go-ahead int he Disney-based CGI department. After Disney's acquisition of Pixar, Toy Story 3 became a Pixar project and the previous plot was dropped. The plot featured a recall of Buzz Lightyear toys to Japan. The movie is set for release in 2010, and no further plot details have been revealed. Hope this helps!

Spyne

A Toy Story 3 is most definitely in development at Pixar.

When the Disney-Pixar relationship was rocky, Disney opened up their own computer animation studio "Circle 7 Animation" and went to work on Disney's own version of Toy Story 3 without Pixar's involvement. Disney owned the rights to the Pixar characters and could make movies of those characters without Pixar's involvement.

But once Disney bought Pixar, John Lasseter and some other higher-ups at Pixar immediately put a halt to Disney's TS3 production and shut down Circle 7. TS3 production was then moved to Pixar, where it should be done. Turns out Pixar is not even looking at Circle 7's script, and writing their own.

Lee Unkrich, who was the co-director for Toy Story 2; Monsters, Inc.; and Finding Nemo is directing it. So I'm at least happy TS3 is in the right hands now and I hope I helped. :)

One more note, it's all ready confirmed Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are returning to voice Woody and Buzz.

RussJT

The original plot idea was that due to some type of malfunction, all Buzz Lightyear toys were being recalled to Taiwan. The other toys, feeling that "their" Buzz would be scrapped and a new one would be sent back to Andy, go on a mission to rescue him.

From what I have heard, all previous voice actors have signed on for their pervious roles except for Jim Varney (Slinky Dog). Jim passed away a few years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom