Toy Story stand by time early AM

Disneyfreak Jen

Original Poster
I have to make my FP+ selections this coming Friday :happy: so I really need to firm up my plans. I'll be in The World from Nov 10-15th (Tues-Sun). I plan on doing HS on Wed 11th then walking over to Epcot around lunchtime.

Anyone have an idea how long the wait is for standby at Toy Story at rope drop on a November weekday? Maybe 30 min if I go directly there? Note that the EMH is not at HS that day, it's at AK. I think my FP's will be better utilized over at Epcot for the afternoon as I don't spend too much time at HS anyway (no ToT or RRC :hungover: ).

Thanks in advance for any help!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Even if you are there first thing after rope drop your wait could still be 60 min+. Crazy I know but this ride is probably the most popular in HS and has the longest waits even first thing in the AM. Best bet is to have a FP for it and if not you will have to wait prob over 45 min- 1hr if you run directly to it first thing. If you are lucky it might be less than an hour but don't count on that. lol :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Anyone have an idea how long the wait is for standby at Toy Story at rope drop on a November weekday?
Somebody has to be first in line following rope drop.
Since TSM opened everybody heads there first thing - in days gone by everybody headed to TOT or R'n'R Coaster. Its not a case of being at DHS at rope drop, if you want a minimal wait then you must be up at the front at rope drop

DisneyPrincess5

@DisneyFreak23 how many are in your party? Being single or double parties may help you jump the line. DH and I are a twosome and I can't tell you how many times CMs search the line looking for two. So exciting when it's us!

If I were in your shoes, I'd be there for rope drop and book it within reason to Toy Story. Even if it's a bit of a wait, it's such a fun ride and the queue is so fun that it's worth it. Then your goal of saving FPs for Epcot stays in tact.

Disneyfreak Jen

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm surprised it gets that long right away; I have always done a FP for this in the past, I really didn't think it would be quite so long first thing, but hey, it is what it is.

I think I'm going to take a chance and wing it, even if I have to wait a little longer. Then I can use my FP's in the afternoon at Epcot. I'm going solo this trip so maybe I might be able to jump a bit if they need singles. I know this has helped me every single time on Soarin' in the past.

I'll post a trip report with how my plan worked out!! :)

MRGEFF

@DisneyFreak23 how many are in your party? Being single or double parties may help you jump the line. DH and I are a twosome and I can't tell you how many times CMs search the line looking for two. So exciting when it's us!

If I were in your shoes, I'd be there for rope drop and book it within reason to Toy Story. Even if it's a bit of a wait, it's such a fun ride and the queue is so fun that it's worth it. Then your goal of saving FPs for Epcot stays in tact.
It has happened to us many, many times, being just the two of us also. The CMs at the very front would laugh and say" Weren't you just here?" We were able to ride 2 or 3 times being a party of 2.

Cosmic Commando

It's a complete wild card. You can't even trust the posted time that early in the morning, either. The cast members have the ability to mess with what's posted. I've been at the FP machines at 8:02 in the morning on an EMH morning and seen a 60 minute posted wait, even though nobody had obviously waited 60 minutes for the ride yet. What would the actual standby time have been had I jumped in line at that point?
smiley_shrug.gif

SweetPea

We always go in November, the week before Thanksgiving. We usually try to be close to the front (you don't have to be the very first) at rope drop and then book it over to Toy Story and walk right on with no wait. We ride, walk out and then right back in line and have waited maybe 20 mins for the second ride. And then we always have a FP for later in the morning. That makes it three rides on Toy Story before lunch.

Disneyfreak Jen

Original Poster
We always go in November, the week before Thanksgiving. We usually try to be close to the front (you don't have to be the very first) at rope drop and then book it over to Toy Story and walk right on with no wait. We ride, walk out and then right back in line and have waited maybe 20 mins for the second ride. And then we always have a FP for later in the morning. That makes it three rides on Toy Story before lunch.

That's great!! I will be delighted if I have a similar experience, although if it's under 45 minutes I'll still be pretty happy I'll keep my fingers crossed to ride it twice in a row!

Innkeeper's Club

I always make sure when going to Hollywood Studios to be there when they open and since FastPass + has started I would say that I waited in the standby line for Toy Story Mania for about 5-10 minutes. Now I'm only including up to the part of the line where you get the glasses and where the Cast Member asks how many in your party, because after that point it does not matter if you had a FastPass + or were in the standby line.

Innkeeper's Club

Does DHS still occasionally open early? Happened to me twice. Neither was an EMH day.
Last month when I went on a Monday morning which was also a non AM EMH, I want to say after going through the park gates and etc, everyone was able to walk to their attractions between 8:50 AM - 8:55 AM. However I wonder if you consider that opening early?

Texas84

Last month when I went on a Monday morning which was also a non AM EMH, I want to say after going through the park gates and etc, everyone was able to walk to their attractions between 8:50 AM - 8:55 AM. However I wonder if you consider that opening early?

Yep, that's about right. The first time I happened to look at my watch and it was 8:45 and it surprised me. So now I always get to DHS early.

iYazmo

I'm always there at rope drop at DHS, even the early non EMH days. I go straight to TSM and walk right on. (I'm a faster walker so I get there before most.) By the time I get off, the posted wait time is between 30-60 minutes. Since it's early in the morning, you can't really trust it but it can give you a general idea. I'll normally ride it once and then book it to ToT and RoRC. Since you're going to be at DHS early, I'd save your FP+ choices for Epcot. It'll be a waste unless you want to repeat rides again in the afternoon.

Last edited:

BLY

We were there in August and went in first thing twice and only queued 15-20 minutes. Even if the queue is long, it moves fast as there are not many fastpasses going through. Our party had 4 children in it and a couple of slower walkers - so although we were there for opening we were not super fast walkers! Definitely save fastpasses for Epcot.

MickeyMomV

This may be a little pathetic but I will sometimes sit at my desk and have my MDE app open and watch the wait times. I know its not 100% reflective of actual time but it can give you a good guide.

Only 23 days till we return!!!! :)

graphite1326

I have to make my FP+ selections this coming Friday :happy: so I really need to firm up my plans. I'll be in The World from Nov 10-15th (Tues-Sun). I plan on doing HS on Wed 11th then walking over to Epcot around lunchtime.

Anyone have an idea how long the wait is for standby at Toy Story at rope drop on a November weekday? Maybe 30 min if I go directly there? Note that the EMH is not at HS that day, it's at AK. I think my FP's will be better utilized over at Epcot for the afternoon as I don't spend too much time at HS anyway (no ToT or RRC :hungover: ).

Thanks in advance for any help!
last time we went was the week before Christmas so crowds were up a little. We got there at rope drop two different days and it was a walk on both times. In fact and have gone other times of the year and never had a problem getting right on first thing in the morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom