Toy Story Mania!versus Toy Story Midway Mania... still an issue...

Earl Sweatpants

While your point is very valid, I don't think this excuses marketing from getting it right.

Many people call Walt Disney World "Disney World" for short, yet marketing still gets it right. Why? Because important information is conveyed. The "Walt" is a key part of the resort's identity, just as Midway is an important part of the ride's identity. A good ride name conveys what the ride is about while also creating interest (it also is helpful if they're short or roll off the tongue). Toy Story Mania leaves considerable ambiguity. Toy Story Midway Mania clarifies what it is.

This shows a lack of care. Marketing not getting it right also is rather ironic for a company that is obsessed with brand.

Quite amusing.
I can see your point, and it is a little strange that they can't seem to come to a firm consensus...but it's not like the indecision about the name is preventing people from flocking to it. Its still one of the highest-ridden attractions at DCA and DHS (where they just had to add in a third track). So I daresay that the ride isn't suffering despite its "identity crisis".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom