Toy Story Mania Unvieled video from Fridays Presentation

Space Mountain

If I LOVE Buzz Lightyear's SpaceRanger Spin, I'm gonna go CRAZY over Toy Story Mania! :lol::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::eek:

Darth Plank

Here is what I found out on the video:
1. A Mr. Potato Head Audio Animatronic will meet you at the waiting room and he will take his ear out and hold it and says "Could you lend me another ear?"
2. It is a combination of Spider-man and Men in Black.
3.There will be a egg toss game.
4. There will be a ring toss game starring the Little Green Men.
5. In the ring toss game, when you hit a red plate a 3-D rocket launches.
6. An online game will come with it.
7. I love Spider-man and Buzz Lightyear and I'll be cukoo for Toy Story Mania.
8. I thought it was going to be like Indy.

jmpman2313

has anyone noticed that the planned opening of this ride is 2008? I think this has something to do with the third toy story being released in the summer of 2008.

cb3k

Something about this ride just doesnt seem right....I think the concept of "shoot em up", involved with 3D sequences, and the all popular Pixar animation is GREAT...I just DONT like the idea of Midway games...It seems like a cheesy cop out. I dont see the relationship between Toy Story and Carnival games, and I feel that the placement of this great technology with a better theme would make it a much better attraction. Imagine doing the same style of ride but with each character being in control of a cannon that controls a different toy (each having a responsibility such as Mission Space)....One may be in charge of shooting of the slinky dog (pulling us to certain spots acting as a grappling hook)...another in charge of firing off woodys play gun to ward off any bad guys...etc....You could put all of this into the mix of helping us "find our way home" back to ANDY blah blah blah...I just feel they could have incorporated a much better storyline with this attraction, as opposed to carnival games.....Oh well, guess I will have to wait and see the final product....Sorry for the rant.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Something about this ride just doesnt seem right....I think the concept of "shoot em up", involved with 3D sequences, and the all popular Pixar animation is GREAT...I just DONT like the idea of Midway games...It seems like a cheesy cop out. I dont see the relationship between Toy Story and Carnival games, and I feel that the placement of this great technology with a better theme would make it a much better attraction. Imagine doing the same style of ride but with each character being in control of a cannon that controls a different toy (each having a responsibility such as Mission Space)....One may be in charge of shooting of the slinky dog (pulling us to certain spots acting as a grappling hook)...another in charge of firing off woodys play gun to ward off any bad guys...etc....You could put all of this into the mix of helping us "find our way home" back to ANDY blah blah blah...I just feel they could have incorporated a much better storyline with this attraction, as opposed to carnival games.....Oh well, guess I will have to wait and see the final product....Sorry for the rant.

Did you even watch the video? :hammer:

S.E.A.

has anyone noticed that the planned opening of this ride is 2008? I think this has something to do with the third toy story being released in the summer of 2008.

well, no, the Pixar film being released in the summer of '08 is Wall-E, Toy Story 3 won't be released until 2009

imagineer boy

You know, this attraction is a great idea, but what's the point of the Toy Story characters? I think it would make a great ride without any Toy Story characters at all, especially at DCA. I also think that this would make a better addition in Mickey's Toontown Fair ( once again, without Toy Story characters but maybe with Mickey characters ) because it would go great there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it me or when I see Tom Fitzgerald I can`t help but think about Sea Castle, Laser locks and fin servos?

cb3k

Did you even watch the video? :hammer:
Yea, I watched the whole thing...whats your point??? They simply put toy story characters with carnival games....you might as well have chester and hester hosting this ride shooting dinosaur eggs...Again, It sounds like it will be a blast, but to move on from carnival game to carnival game just seems out of character for disney....a "Plot" would have been much more well suited...IMHO.......

lpet11984

well, no, the Pixar film being released in the summer of '08 is Wall-E, Toy Story 3 won't be released until 2009

According to IMDB, both Wall-E and Toy Story 3 are set for 2008 releases; although, both are also "in production"- either could be pushed ahead/delayed for whatever reason.

Goofster

it may be way too early for this information yet, but does anybody have any idea how the ride will be themed to fit into the Disney-MGM Studios? I mean, the ride sounds perfect for Paradise Pier at DCA with the midway theme and everything, but what will they do to theme it to hollywood and or a movie studio? Granted the studio's theme isn't anywhere near as well-defined as it was back in '89, but even so. It seems like it was designed for California and now Florida is getting it as is just because it's so advanced and cutting edge without any specialized theming for the studios. Still, it was just announced, so hopefully somehow they will tweak it to fit in Disney World. Right now I just can't see how they'll do it

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
it may be way too early for this information yet, but does anybody have any idea how the ride will be themed to fit into the Disney-MGM Studios? I mean, the ride sounds perfect for Paradise Pier at DCA with the midway theme and everything, but what will they do to theme it to hollywood and or a movie studio? Granted the studio's theme isn't anywhere near as well-defined as it was back in '89, but even so. It seems like it was designed for California and now Florida is getting it as is just because it's so advanced and cutting edge without any specialized theming for the studios. Still, it was just announced, so hopefully somehow they will tweak it to fit in Disney World. Right now I just can't see how they'll do it

The outside of the building will be designed to look like Pixar's headquarters.

Hence the movie/studio tie-in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom