Toy Story Mania times

mpoppins217

Original Poster
I know there a lot of threads out there about this but my family is planning a trip for Aug 8-11 and I would like clarification. Is it true that we need to be there within the first hour of the park opening in order for the line to not be 2 hours long? Also, are the fastpasses still being gone by noon or has all of this tapered off since the grand opening? We're AP holders so we usually don't spend a lot of time at DHS, and we usually don't go at park opening either so we need to know if we have to head over there early so we can experience it!

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Yes, with-in the first hour you have to book it over there to get a fastpass. Also expect long fastpass lines, what we do is designate someone to wait for the fastpasses and the rest of us jump in stand-by line. Hope that helps!

Fun2BFree

By noon today:
SNC15686-1.jpg

Early bird gets the worm (especially with an 80 minute stand-by line at the same time), but there's a single-rider line that has a similar wait-time to FP. The catch is that your family will be split up, but if you don't mind, you'll reap the benefits. :wave:

the-reason14

Thats exactly what Ima do, Ima be there first thing this comin Tue. cuz I know Mon. they have emh and that would be a waste cuz I know the line will be long by the official 9 o clock opening. Either way, Im going over there specifically for that.

dxwwf3

I will also say DO NOT try to ride this toward the end of the day. For some reason, FastPass usually gets backed up (maybe more tickets are distributed) and the stand by moves slower. The first time we rode it, we got in a posted 80 minute line at about 2 PM and we were on in 45 minutes. But later in the day we got in a 60 minute posted time line and we got out of the line. We stood in the same place for 10 minutes without moving.

You can really tell how long you are going to wait by how much you actually move. Don't always go by the actual length of the line. For example, even if the line is queuing outside, it doesn't mean a whole lot if you move pretty consistently.

islesgirl

I was just there from June 28-July 5....We did fastpass three times and standby twice. The first time standby said 50 minutes ( at like 10am) and it was only like 30...but Mr. Potato Head wasn't working. The second standby time said 40 minutes (at 9pm when fantasmic started) and it was right around 40 minutes...this time Mr. Potato Head was working. What I noticed is people come to a dead stop to watch and take pictures with Mr. Potato Head and the line just stops because of it. He is cool, but I think he makes the line longer. But yea fastpasses were gone by like 1-2pm whenever i was there

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I was just at the park like an hour ago and we waited 2 hours because it was down and I have never been on it and it never opened. I saw that the wait at 100 minutes and 80 minutes through out day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom