Toy Story Mania Refurb question

WDW-Tex

Are they going to re-paint Candyland on the floor? I was there 6/30 and more than half the game board was not present in the que...but having only been there once before I dont recall if the gameboard has ever been completed in the area with the railings.

RSoxNo1

The cast memebers hate this after the refurbishment.

I guess the operational capacity was 1175 per hour, but they were regularly reaching 1200-1300 prior to the refurbishment. Because of the location of the new air gates (blocking entry to half of one side of the vehicle), and the new procedures in place, the ride has slowed significantly. We were told that in the 10:00 hour yesterday, the capacity dropped to around 800, and the guest complaints were through the roof. While I applaud the safety measures, there needs to be a happy medium as well. The wait reached 120 minutes yesterday in a day where the park was absolutely dead.

EpcotServo

I guess the operational capacity was 1175 per hour, but they were regularly reaching 1200-1300 prior to the refurbishment. Because of the location of the new air gates (blocking entry to half of one side of the vehicle), and the new procedures in place, the ride has slowed significantly. We were told that in the 10:00 hour yesterday, the capacity dropped to around 800, and the guest complaints were through the roof. While I applaud the safety measures, there needs to be a happy medium as well. The wait reached 120 minutes yesterday in a day where the park was absolutely dead.

^I heard this as well. Sad really.

WDW-Tex

(blocking entry to half of one side of the vehicle), and the new procedures in place,

I cant seem to picture how they could block entry with the air gates... does this mean that the cars are going out not full?

What had happened with the air gates that caused Disney to deem them unsafe? I seem to recall patrons loaded in the final railing que sometimes stepped too far forward when next in line causing me to be concerned as to whether the airgate would hit them on closing... did they go to one door style?

jmuboy

I will be interested to watch this story. Maybe as the CMs adjust to the new operations they will learn new ways to increase capacity and efficiency. 800 guest per hour on a ride like TSMM is not a good number, not a sustainable number.

RSoxNo1

I cant seem to picture how they could block entry with the air gates... does this mean that the cars are going out not full?

What had happened with the air gates that caused Disney to deem them unsafe? I seem to recall patrons loaded in the final railing que sometimes stepped too far forward when next in line causing me to be concerned as to whether the airgate would hit them on closing... did they go to one door style?

The air gates are larger so they can block the entire walking path for guests and the CM. They also open up to a point where they don't quite reach the original yellow line that was the "no-entry" line for guests. The result is that guests have to squeeze by the air gate to get into the vehicle.

The greater issue though is that part of the load procedures have been modified (see: decrease in the number of cast members at load/unload), and as such cast members are doubling up on tasks and the result is slowing down the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom