Toy Story Mania New Opening Date!

XSTech

Here's the full schedule, as it stood a week ago... all subject to change, of course:
Soft opening on April 25
Cast Preview on April 26 and 27
Filming on April 29 and 30
More Cast Previews on May 2, 3, 4
Media Preview on May 9
Annual Passholder Preview on May 10th, 11, 12
Press Event on May 16th
Grand Opening May 20th

And this will be one attraction where any video will definitely not do it justice at all. It'll just look like a bunch of screens with stuff flying around on them. It seems like the audio, with themed variations of "You've Got a Friend in Me" will be worth hearing though.

WaltsApprentice

And this will be one attraction where any video will definitely not do it justice at all. It'll just look like a bunch of screens with stuff flying around on them. It seems like the audio, with themed variations of "You've Got a Friend in Me" will be worth hearing though.

Thats positive!:rolleyes: have you gotten a chance yet to actual ride it yet???

Is there a chance we will see some soft openings before those dates?

What would you call those kinda of soft openings before the actual soft openings.....charmin openings:lookaroun...because there extra soft hehe..Cha Cha Cha Less Is More! (but in your case I guess more is better! :lol:) sorry I just had to say it :D

Mr.EPCOT

Any chance there will be any soft openings around April 1st-5th? I can only hope. That's when I'll be there.

Highly unlikely, unfortunately. Last time I was there a few days ago, there was still heavy construction along all of Mickey Avenue/Pixar Place. The construction wall that was by Narnia is now all the way up to One Man's Dream.

WaltsApprentice

Highly unlikely, unfortunately. Last time I was there a few days ago, there was still heavy construction along all of Mickey Avenue/Pixar Place. The construction wall that was by Narnia is now all the way up to One Man's Dream.

Ya and isn't in one of the last posts from merf I think it showed the ground was very torn up and not even close to being paved

OmegaKnight

The opening team of cast members doesn't even start at Toy Story Mania until next week so this all seems really plausible. I can't wait for this ride to open! It sounds like its going to be awesome.

XSTech

Thats positive!:rolleyes: have you gotten a chance yet to actual ride it yet???

Hah, I wasn't trying to be negative. From what I gather, the ride is going to be really fantastic in person. What I was saying is that videos won't do it justice. All it'll be is videos of video screens with no 3D effects. ;) In person is what this attraction will be all about!

Though I'm sure Mr. Potato Head will make for some great videos.

disneygirl03

Toy Story Mania is hopefully going to have its grand opening at DHS May 20th.
Cast previews are April 25th - 27th and May 2nd-4th!
Annual Pass holder sneak previews are May 10th-12th:sohappy:

**Subject to change without notice**

So...if the grand opening really is the 20th, that means I will miss it by one day. :mad::mad::mad:

dkrfla

I will be there on the 30th. I wonder what "filming" means exactly and if that will lessen or improve my chances of riding it that day?

D~

carolina_yankee

Thanks for the news.

Since nothing is scheduled between May 5 - 9, might those days be open for lengthy soft openings to the general public? I'm an AP holder, but leaving May 9 early AM. :( And not likely back for 18 months!

Dirk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom