Toy Story Mania AP Preview

JPG

Original Poster
When they do previews for AP holders, do they ever allow other guests to preview as well or are they VERY strict? (Obviously- I am not an AP holder but will be at the studios on one of the preview days)

Do these usually draw big AP crowds??

Thank you!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At some AP previews AP holders are allowed to bring guests. The AP preview of TSM does not appear to be one of those previews. From what is being reported CM previews will begin on 4/25 and the attraction will more than likely be in soft opening status after that up until and after the AP preview. Your best bet for getting on the attraction will be when it is in soft opening status.

EpcotServo

At some AP previews AP holders are allowed to bring guests. The AP preview of TSM does not appear to be one of those previews. From what is being reported CM previews will begin on 4/25 and the attraction will more than likely be in soft opening status after that up until and after the AP preview. Your best bet for getting on the attraction will be when it is in soft opening status.

Reports are that starting 4/25 there will be VERY LIMITED, STUDIOS ONLY CM-Previews. Studios Central is reporting that real CM previews will start May 2nd.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Reports are that starting 4/25 there will be VERY LIMITED, STUDIOS ONLY CM-Previews. Studios Central is reporting that real CM previews will start May 2nd.
Thanks. Are you going to be there for the AP preview? The family and I are driving down on the 10th.

EpcotServo

Yeah, but I'm not sure which day/when yet. I know I'll have ridden sometime before the AP preview, but I always like to attend the Passholder previews because they give you a great feel at how the real fans think of it.
:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, but I'm not sure which day/when yet. I know I'll have ridden sometime before the AP preview, but I always like to attend the Passholder previews because they give you a great feel at how the real fans think of it.
:D
I hate you!:lol:

Drop me a PM when you figure out which date you will be there.

elizs77

Of course, we're going to be there from the 7th through the 12th. I've been having to explain over and over to my 5 yr old that we won't be able to ride it (he's seen pics and stuff online). I was hoping, but alas, I guess it won't work out this time!

WaltsApprentice

Do you think they will take the walls down for the previews?? I wonder if they will do this with the cast member preview? IT would be nice to see the front. But when I got to preview sorry they took us through the back way...hmmm I wonder...I'll have to ask when I get there in April 28th- May 4th! I hope I get a chance to get out there :D

Mrs.PhD

Thanks. Are you going to be there for the AP preview? The family and I are driving down on the 10th.

We leave to fly home on the 10th, but plan to head over to MGM in the morning to get on it for the AP preview before we go the airport. I hope maybe we can get on for soft opening, but I am not holding my breath.

scpergj

We're going down on the 11th...but just for the day:cry:.

Have to be home for Mother's day (although my mom will be with us)...the rest of the family just doesn't understand...

Kevin

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're going down on the 11th...but just for the day:cry:.

Have to be home for Mother's day (although my mom will be with us)...the rest of the family just doesn't understand...

Kevin
We will only be there for the day as well. We chose Saturday so we can sleep in on Sunday. I have done the whole getting home at 1:00 AM only to have to get up for work a few hours later enough times to know that I want to avoid that at all costs.

Mrs.PhD

We were not able to get in. The wait was 2 hours and that was really all the time we had to spend in the parks before we had to fly home so we just did other things.

Oh well there is always next trip. That is the joy of DVC. :)

MissM

We went yesterday (Saturday) and the Passholder previews were very much limited to AP holders only. In fact, they made us show photo ID in addition to our passes.

There was quite a line. Around 1pm it was a reported hour and a half. It was probably really more like an hour actual wait and the ride was superb, but it was VERY busy. They were not running Fast Pass for the preview but they did have the Single Rider Line open.
-m

Blackie Pueblo

I just got home from a weekend at Disney and my passholder's preview of Toy Story Mania! I gotta tell you... it's freaking amazing and a heck of a lot of fun! The games you play are so much fun and so competitive. You desperately want to beat the person you sit with. You can't help but get into it.

The Que area itself is pretty amazing. It's filled with over the top sized board games, playing cards, crayons, barrel of monkeys and more. And the Mr. Potato Head that talks to the guests waiting in line is simply awesome. He moves and interacts very well! They have done an amazing job on this ride! As much as I get sick of seeing Pixar in the parks, Disney and Pixar have done it again!

Two things I want to mention though. When you shoot the gun in front of you you have to pull a string to get your gun to fire. I can seriously see this breaking after a few hundred kids yank on this thing over and over.

Second, they are definitly still working on the bugs because when we got back to the load/unload area, the lap bar got stuck and my wife couldn't get out. They literally had three employees have to come over, open the ride up from the side, and hit some buttons to get it open. THAT looked bad and I hope it was a fluke thing. But then again, maybe that's what my wife gets for coming back at the end and beating me. :D

I took several photos of the que line and put them on my myspace page.

"I believe in being an innovator."
---Walter Elias Disney

Disneykidder

I am so psyched to ride this. From what I have heard, it looks amazing. There are even videos of it all over youtube. What I want to know s how to beat my DH at it. I have beaten him at Buzz, until he figured out some tips and now he smokes me...and gets the highest possible score. So, anyone know how I can kick his butt on this one?

bladerunner

I was there today (Sunday) for the AP preview, but could not go on because it was down most of the day. A CM told me it opened at 9am but by 10am when I arrived it was down. It came back at about 2:30pm and I did the line for about 1 hour when everybody poured out because it was down again. I headed home after that so I'm unsure if it was back later today. I'll try again next month.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I rode this attraction 4 times during the Saturday AP preview. The line was consistently in the 45-60 minute wait range all day. The queue is incredibly detailed and will make the time go by much quicker. The Mr Potato head animatronic was very good but once you have seen it several times it does loose it's appeal. I am not sure if they were running him with a limited vocabulary but his act was pretty much the same on every trip through. The props are incredibly detailed. One thing I noticed is that no two crayons are identical except for a few "unused ones". All the rest have different wear patterns on the tip. The only criticism I could have and this is nitpicking was the Lincoln logs. They had a glass smooth finish with the only texture being the faux paint. The color also seems a bit off to me as well but that would depend on if you are looking at new Lincoln logs vs. the older ones. About the only thing that concerns me about the queue is that all the props are in easy reach of even the smallest guest and I wonder how long it will stay in pristine condition. I can see a lot of wear and tear on these touchable items once 10,000 guests a day start filling through the queue. Hopefully there is a cash of back-up playing cards and crayons so the worn once can be replaced during nightly maintenance.

We did see several cars not unlock the safety bars when they reached the unload and have to be manually unlocked. On the first ride our guns did not work so we were able to get into another car shortly after. The CM's also seemed a bit confused on how to effectively use the single riders line as I saw many vehicles go out with an empty seat. All of which was to be expected during a preview.

The 3D in this ride is simply incredible. There is none of the typically blur or double vision that you can see like on Muppet's. It looks like you are shooting into a 20' booth but when you lift up your glasses the screen is only a few feet from your face. The pull string cannons are much better than the guns on Buzz. With a little practice you will be able to find the sweet spot in the trigger and you will be able to rapid fire my simply clenching and unclenching your fist. The guns location also adjusts relative to the lap bar restraint which allows riders of small stature the ability to comfortably reach the guns unlike Buzz where they are have to sit on the edge of their seat if they can reach at all.

If you are very sensitive to motion sickness this ride can get to you a little. It is nothing like the Tea cups or, or Primeval whirl, which kill me in one ride, but I was felling that twinge of motion sickness in my gut by ride number 4. It was not bad enough to stop me from riding over and over but there will be a select few that this could be an issue with.

I have heard a few reviews that have said this ride will have limited rerideability but I would respectfully disagree. If you have even the slightest bit of competitiveness in you the attraction will become as addictive as a video game. Even my wife who could care less about stuff like this wanted to go on it over and over again to try and improve her score.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom