Toy Story Land Soft Openings

matt9112

Oh wow! I had no idea Teacups or Magic Capets even had FP+ :joyfull:

how do you think they spread it out? why do you think pirates of the Caribbean has a line? if they only did fastpass on rides that quote "need it" you would log on at your 60 day mark and select ((drum roll)) almost nothing. :) the advent of reserving fastpass earlier than the day of made it a needed evil to add FP to things like magic carpets and such....or meet and greets...

nickys

Premium Member
how do you think they spread it out? why do you think pirates of the Caribbean has a line? if they only did fastpass on rides that quote "need it" you would log on at your 60 day mark and select ((drum roll)) almost nothing. :) the advent of reserving fastpass earlier than the day of made it a needed evil to add FP to things like magic carpets and such....or meet and greets...

I just hadn't noticed there were 2 lines for these!

Thought they were just one single line, like the Carousel (and please don't tell me that has one too). Guess I wasn't paying attention.

gmajew

Premium Member
Any idea on this yet? I am on property the 8-15th of June and would like a chance to see the new land but was not planning a day at Hollywood studios this year if it was not open. I am a vacation club member so hoping we get word soon.

JohnD

I'm going last week in May. Wonder if there are any possibilities for Silver passholders, although I'm not holding out much hope.

DisneyDrew

To be honest I feel like this land isn't going to soft open until June 28th and 29th. That's how Pandora was and looking at the progress of the construction, it is coming along well, but there is a lot of work to do and they probably won't do DVC and Passholder previews until Saturday the 16th or so and then soft open it right before the official opening. If it was Galaxy's Edge, there probably would be earlier soft openings but because Toy Story Land isn't on that scale, I don't see Disney wanting to rush the opening when they'll probably do press in the first week, previews after, and then very brief soft openings if any right before the official opening. I hope it is earlier so more people get to experience it, but I just don't see a major motive for Disney to open it really early when they didn't do that with Pandora either. I guess it will all depend on the construction when we get closer to opening and if they need to speed it up or if it is ready to go. I'm expecting them to want it to be done by June 1st, June 7th or so at the latest.

Rteetz

To be honest I feel like this land isn't going to soft open until June 28th and 29th. That's how Pandora was and looking at the progress of the construction, it is coming along well, but there is a lot of work to do and they probably won't do DVC and Passholder previews until Saturday the 16th or so and then soft open it right before the official opening. If it was Galaxy's Edge, there probably would be earlier soft openings but because Toy Story Land isn't on that scale, I don't see Disney wanting to rush the opening when they'll probably do press in the first week, previews after, and then very brief soft openings if any right before the official opening. I hope it is earlier so more people get to experience it, but I just don't see a major motive for Disney to open it really early when they didn't do that with Pandora either. I guess it will all depend on the construction when we get closer to opening and if they need to speed it up or if it is ready to go. I'm expecting them to want it to be done by June 1st, June 7th or so at the latest.
Media days are June 28-29.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom