Toy Story Land Soft Openings

SunshineTreeTerace55

Original Poster
My family and I planned a trip to WDW this summer from June 21-28. Obviously we are extremely disappointed that they Just announced that Disney just annnounced Toy Story Land will open June 30, granted we are only a few days off. We have been reading up on soft openings, and have found they have been inconsistent in the past. What is the likelihood that the week prior to the official opening that there will be soft openings, and if there will be, how do we make sure we are one of the lucky guests that get in?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would say the chances are pretty good.

Getting in depends on the nature of the opening. If it is an AP soft opening you will need an AP. If it is a general public soft opening you will need time and patience.

Soft openings for the general public are not always from park opening to close and they will almost never be announced. This means you might end up having to wait at the entrance of the land for who knows how long for something that might happen.

No big deal if you are a local, but not the most ideal situation for your typical family of 4 on vacation.

Last edited:

Crazydisneygirl

I am assuming fast passes are going to be for the slinky roller coaster. When would those open up for getting fastpasses. Would they be available in the 60 day window now that we have a date?

Disney Dad 3000

My family and I planned a trip to WDW this summer from June 21-28. Obviously we are extremely disappointed that they Just announced that Disney just annnounced Toy Story Land will open June 30, granted we are only a few days off. We have been reading up on soft openings, and have found they have been inconsistent in the past. What is the likelihood that the week prior to the official opening that there will be soft openings, and if there will be, how do we make sure we are one of the lucky guests that get in?

We are in the same boat. There 14th-24th of June and thought we'd have a few shots at FP with it likely being open by Memorial Day.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am assuming fast passes are going to be for the slinky roller coaster. When would those open up for getting fastpasses. Would they be available in the 60 day window now that we have a date?
Possibly.

Sometimes they hold off on fastpasses until the land has been open for a week or two. However, some initial reports suggest they might be doing it from day one.

SuzGM84

Any chances of DVC members getting access to soft openings/previews? I (vaguely) recall hearing that for Pandora but didn't pay attention as we were not DVC members yet.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Any chances of DVC members getting access to soft openings/previews? I (vaguely) recall hearing that for Pandora but didn't pay attention as we were not DVC members yet.
About the same as AP holders.

Both AP and DVC previews tend to occur at the same time.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Don’t get your hopes up on a ton of soft opening. Entertainment and Ops were told that they won’t even be allowed in without hard hats until 6/26.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

I’m curious what the fast pass categories will look like once tsl opens?

I imagine slinky and alien will be in tier 1 with Aerosmith, everything else in tier 2?

RSoxNo1

I’m curious what the fast pass categories will look like once tsl opens?

I imagine slinky and alien will be in tier 1 with Aerosmith, everything else in tier 2?
If I had to guess, I'd say for the short term Slinky Dog will be Tier 1. After Star Wars opens. I wouldn't be surprised if they go the DAK route and have "Choose 3 attractions, but only one can be Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway or the Star Wars attractions".

djkidkaz

Well if they go dam route then that is why I’m thinking slinky and alien will be in tier 1 just like flight and Navi, so you can give everyone a chance to FastPass one of the new rides

Biff215

I guess I never thought Aliens could be a FP attraction, but then I reminded myself that almost every other "spinner" is. Crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom