Toy Story Land Opening

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I know the official word for the opening is Summer 2018, and I don’t honestly expect that anyone here has any inside information, but I was just wondering whether there are any rumors or speculation out there as to specifically when this new land might open.

Thanks for your thoughts!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I’m looking forward to checking the area out late August. Going to be interesting trying to get fastpasses.
I doubt very much that will be a problem so long as you do it right at the 60-day mark. I went to Pandora last summer just after it opened and was able to get FPs for both new attractions without any problems at all. In fact, there were openings for both throughout the day.

Darkbeer1

Some tough comments from David Koenig

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/...toy-story-land-in-orlandos-walt-disney-world/

>>
Unofficial Disneyland historian David Koenig, author of Mouse Tales and other books about the world’s first theme park, described the new land as “a quick patch to a theme park that has a giant crater sized hole in it.”

The Hollywood Studios will be the location for the eagerly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land (that will be mirrored in Anaheim’s Disneyland,) slated to open in 2019, but otherwise was lacking ride capacity, Koenig said.

He said the new land was hurriedly created to offer something new to guests, similar to the way A Bug’s Land was created and opened in October 2002 in Disney California Adventure to meet criticism that that park had too few rides for children when it opened in 2001.

According to Koenig, the new Alien Swirling Saucers is built on the same design as Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree in Cars Land, just with a different theming, and the Slinky Dog coaster was also built with off-the-shelf plans. The new Woody’s Lunch Box will replace the former Pizza Planet restaurant, he said.<<

More at the link

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Does anyone think it is likely that they will do a soft opening a day or two before the 30th? I know Disney did that last year with Pandora, but I wasn’t sure if that was typical or not.

Does anyone think it is likely that they will do a soft opening a day or two before the 30th? I know Disney did that last year with Pandora, but I wasn’t sure if that was typical or not.
you never know but a lot of opening attractions did soft openings altho some times they are just for CM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom