Rumor Toy Story friends makeover

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20220127-131048_Instagram.jpg

Looks like new Woody and Jesse have made it to WDW

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

Bo should really be a face character. It might clash a bit with the others, but the character has normal human proportions, and as it is now she looks like the masked villain out of a slasher film.
Not sure I'd go that far... But, there is something of an "uncanny valley" feel to her character.

brb1006

Bo should really be a face character. It might clash a bit with the others, but the character has normal human proportions, and as it is now she looks like the masked villain out of a slasher film.
Strongly disagree, seeing face characters versions of Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and Bo Peep would look very weird in the parks. Disney On Ice (and Disney Cruise Line shows) can get away with that since it's an ice show and not many people would notice them from a distance.

If anything, I think the Queen of Hearts and The Evil Witch/Old Hag would work better as face characters. I'm aware a face character version of The Queen of Hearts exists, but that's only for the now closed "Club Villian" and a one time event at WDW.

Considering The Mad Hatter started out as a mute character
c70d6677eabec9fc1a4f9f6efef403f9--vintage-fashion-photography-vintage-disneyland.jpg

Then became a face character beginning in the mid 1990s
12851604615_8265a64021_b.jpg

Then I think The Queen of Hearts should get the same treatment as the Hatter. That way, both characters are extra entertaining (especially at Disneyland) and more lifelike since she's no longer mute.

4940544785_2cbd3a9b52_b.jpg

CY42QvYWMAEuEDt.jpg

Meanwhile, the face character version of The Evil Witch is currently exclusive to Disneyland Paris.
halloween-at-disneyland-paris-resort-feat-2.png

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Strongly disagree, seeing face characters versions of Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and Bo Peep would look very weird in the parks. Disney On Ice (and Disney Cruise Line shows) can get away with that since it's an ice show and not many people would notice them from a distance.

If anything, I think the Queen of Hearts and The Evil Witch/Old Hag would work better as face characters. I'm aware a face character version of The Queen of Hearts exists, but that's only for the now closed "Club Villian" and a one time event at WDW.

Considering The Mad Hatter started out as a mute character
c70d6677eabec9fc1a4f9f6efef403f9--vintage-fashion-photography-vintage-disneyland.jpg

Then became a face character beginning in the mid 1990s
12851604615_8265a64021_b.jpg

Then I think The Queen of Hearts should get the same treatment as the Hatter. That way, both characters are extra entertaining (especially at Disneyland) and more lifelike since she's no longer mute.

4940544785_2cbd3a9b52_b.jpg

CY42QvYWMAEuEDt.jpg

Meanwhile, the face character version of The Evil Witch is currently exclusive to Disneyland Paris.
halloween-at-disneyland-paris-resort-feat-2.png
I don’t think Wood, Buzz, or Jessie can work as face characters because of the proportions. Bo can. She’s much more akin to a Disney princess - her face is stylized, certainly, but not cartoonish like the Queen of Hearts. The mask adds nothing to her appearance. It makes her look like she should be emerging out of the shadows behind the teens fixing up the old Slaughter Lake summer camp.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don’t think Wood, Buzz, or Jessie can work as face characters because of the proportions. Bo can. She’s much more akin to a Disney princess - her face is stylized, certainly, but not cartoonish like the Queen of Hearts. The mask adds nothing to her appearance. It makes her look like she should be emerging out of the shadows behind the teens fixing up the old Slaughter Lake summer camp.
Again the better example with the Ice show versions....I would say it works on the female characters..Male characters..Not so much..This is why they look creepily exaggerated when up close...
L5IX2IFSMVDG5CVQVOPESACM5A.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

The difference here, I would think, is that the Toy Story Toys are meant to be toys. Disney Princesses may be similarly stylized in the animated medium, but you're meant to believe that somewhere off the screen they're walking, talking people. It makes sense that they'd be portrayed as people when you meet them in person. But Bo Peep isn't a person, she's a toy, so the plastic and proportions are priority to sell that.

Besides, it'd be weird for Bo Peep to be a face character standing next to Woody, Buzz, and Jessie who aren't.

Casper Gutman

The difference here, I would think, is that the Toy Story Toys are meant to be toys. Disney Princesses may be similarly stylized in the animated medium, but you're meant to believe that somewhere off the screen they're walking, talking people. It makes sense that they'd be portrayed as people when you meet them in person. But Bo Peep isn't a person, she's a toy, so the plastic and proportions are priority to sell that.

Besides, it'd be weird for Bo Peep to be a face character standing next to Woody, Buzz, and Jessie who aren't.
As I said, the contrast with the other three might be a slight issue, but Bo is the only one with almost entirely normal human proportions. Actually, one of the ice show images offer the best solution - pop some plastic hair on the actress. Bam. Toy-like and not something out of a nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom