Toy Story 5

Tha Realest

Original Poster
It’s been announced, and now details are starting to trickle out:

1693692479819.png

WoundedDreamer

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 10.06.10 PM.png

I can't say I blame them. The Toy Story franchise has always been a solid earner. Above are the inflation-adjusted grosses of the Toy Story films. Let's see if they can recapture the magic!

Phroobar

Like Andy's kids are going to want some dated preschool toys and a low tech spaceman. Bow and Woody went rogue and were never seen again.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Is anyone genuinely excited for this or are they more (like me) just wanting to see it out of some weird desire to satisfy nostalgia and morbid curiosity. Will it be successful or a dumpster fire!?

Hawkeye_2018

IMO, we don't need anymore Woody and Buzz stuff. Focus on other or new characters. Probably save a bunch of money by not getting Hanks and Allen anyway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is anyone genuinely excited for this or are they more (like me) just wanting to see it out of some weird desire to satisfy nostalgia and morbid curiosity. Will it be successful or a dumpster fire!?
No on both accounts
IMO, we don't need anymore Woody and Buzz stuff. Focus on other or new characters. Probably save a bunch of money by not getting Hanks and Allen anyway.
Silly, Boy…do you know the creative juices that flow through the Empero…I mean “Bob”???

FettFan

Only interested in this if they retcon TS4 and pretend it never happened. You don’t separate Woody and Buzz!

Given the fiery climax of Toy Story 3, and the fact that "Forky" is obsessed with throwing himself into the nearest convenient trash can, while Buzz is uncharacteristically stupid, and Bo Peep has become a manic pixie dream girl, I'd be quite happy if it was revealed TS4 was just a trauma-induced fever dream by Woody.

erasure fan1

Was worried about this but with Andrew Stanton at the helm I'm optimistic.

He hasn't had a perfect track record but if there's a story worth telling it'll be great.
He has more hits than misses in my opinion for sure. But I'm not in the toy story 3 was good camp, and 4 was just bad in my opinion. So for me this series is 50/50. I'm hoping they can close this thing out with the toys reuniting to get back to Andy for his kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom