Toy Story 3

i didn't even know that they had announced a third movie...i'm pretty excited!

do you think that has some tie into the slated new toy story ride?

PhilharMagician

I thought Lassater said after Disney bought Pixar that they would not do any more sequels. Toy Story 3 was on the list and I thought it was killed then.:veryconfu

Can anyone else verify this?

fizzle75

I thought Lassater said after Disney bought Pixar that they would not do any more sequels. Toy Story 3 was on the list and I thought it was killed then.:veryconfu

Yeah,I remember reading the same thing somewhere, I hope it's not true though because I love the first two Toy Story movies and would be thrilled if they have indeed greenlit a third.

imagineer boy

You're probably thinking about the Disney version which Pixar would have had nothing to do with since Disney and Pixar split ( and by reading the plot outline, it sounded crap-tacular. ). Once Pixar was bought, Lasseter killed the project, now Pixar is going to be making Toy Story 3 their way.

JungleSkip

This was a PIXAR decision and believe me the story is all coming out of emeryville with no influence from Burbank. So I don't think we need to worry about it being a quality film that will be able to stand up to its predecessars.

bruiser659

Original Poster
This was a PIXAR decision and believe me the story is all coming out of emeryville with no influence from Burbank. So I don't think we need to worry about it being a quality film that will be able to stand up to its predecessars.
This is true ALL PIXAR

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
You're probably thinking about the Disney version which Pixar would have had nothing to do with since Disney and Pixar split ( and by reading the plot outline, it sounded crap-tacular. ). Once Pixar was bought, Lasseter killed the project, now Pixar is going to be making Toy Story 3 their way.

:sohappy: YEA!!! I LOOOOVVVVEEEE Toystory:D :D :D :sohappy:

prberk

I loved Toy Story 2. It was a truly well-done sequel.

What Lassiter stopped after the Pixar acquisition was the cheap-sequels unit that Disney had set up (some say simply as a coy bargaining tool to keep Pixar). They were a separate unit of animators hired just to do the cheap Disney sequels to Pixar films. John Lassiter (sp?) closed that unit after the Pixar acquisition, and vowed that further sequels to Pixar films would only be made by Pixar. Like this one.

No more CHEAP sequels, just good ones! And I have no doubt this one will be good.

Paul

PhilharMagician

With Toy Story 3 due in 08-09 time frame, what happens to Increadibles? I would really like to see a follow up to the original Increadibles movie before a third Toy Story.

I think Incredibles 2 was just a rumor. I don't remember reading anything substantial saying that it was definitely going to happen. Don't forget Pixar isn't in the business of making sequels...Toy Story 2 happened due to Disney forcing the issue.

It might happen, but we'll have to wait and see. Oddly, I think Incredibles has been the weakest films from them. I liked it, but it didn't stun me or make me want more after watching it the first time. I don't know, it didn't attach to me like Monsters did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom