Town Square Theater - Crazy Idea!

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
So here I am - going to start my first ever rumor. I didnt hear this from anyone except from a little voice inside the back of my head.

So with all the hoopla of the Mickey mng at the Town Square Theater, it really sounds like they want to do something above and beyond. I recall someone saying in another post, that you are going to meet Mickey backstage in his theater dressing room. That got me thinking about this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt5cpzC1HA

It looks like Mickey is in his dressing room. Could this be the first possible interaction experience with a talking character? I think so!

Remember you heard it here first! :) lol.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't think it's ready for prime time yet, and would cause some significant operational issues. So I'm going to say it's not going to happen :)

tonganprince

It would be very cool.

Love this comment from you tube...

"Oh, great, now we have to worry about the characters blinking in pictures now, too..." :ROFLOL:

mattnrach

I don't think it's ready for prime time yet, and would cause some significant operational issues. So I'm going to say it's not going to happen :)

what kinda operational issues?

i think it would be awesome if they could make this happen somewhere down the line!! i might actually get a fastpass to see that!:lol:

Rob562

FYI, the Meet & Greet shown in the video is just the regular set used in Disneyland's Toontown location, which is where they did their tests.

-Rob

TP2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt5cpzC1HA

It looks like Mickey is in his dressing room. Could this be the first possible interaction experience with a talking character? I think so!

It looks like Mickey's dressing room, because that's exactly what it is. And it's been in operation at Disneyland since 1992.

At Disneyland's Toontown the "Meet Mickey" attraction is kind of a major deal; you enter through his house, which becomes the winding queue through all the rooms. Then you exit his house and go "outside" (that's not really outdoors) to more queue and through Mickey's "movie barn" where he films all his movies. You are led in to a little theater showing Mickey cartoons, and in smaller groups you are allowed in to his dressing room to meet him while he prepares to go back on the set of his next movie. (Except there's a really clever way they hide the fact that there are several dressing rooms with Mickey waiting inside, keeping the line moving along quite nicely). You then exit out of his movie barn and through his garage next to his house. The entire Meet Mickey attraction is all contained in a big show building that is hidden by the fake Toontown Hills behind his house, as shown in the picture here.

Meet Mickey Attraction inside Mickey's house - Disneyland Toontown
P1017410.jpg

That YouTube video is from a test that WDI has done with talking characters several times over the past year at Disneyland's Toontown. It's very impressive technology, and I'm sure it will show up in the parks on both coasts permanently sooner rather than later. It's wildly succesful and popular during testing at Disneyland.

Mad Stitch

^ Wow, I really like that trick with the multiple Mickey's. Maybe they will try that with the town square M&G. It would help with incorporating the fast pass.

aeroforce101

I think having a talking mickey would be so awesome... I think it would also make it less akward for little kids too with having a familiar voice coming from the character...... I know even when i put on a mickey mouse clubhouse cd in the car she knows exactly who is on the radio..... very very cool idea that I hope comes to fruition

DaGoof00

I can certainly see this coming to life; however, I think with the opening of this meet and greet being this spring - I think it will be an addition, after a larger rolling out and perfection of "NextGen" experiences...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom