Tower of Terror's New Effects

Merlin0402

Original Poster
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask everybody who has ridden the new tower if you have experienced all of the new effects mentioned in the press release. Specifically, the smell of burnt rubber. Thanks.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Merlin0402
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask everybody who has ridden the new tower if you have experienced all of the new effects mentioned in the press release. Specifically, the smell of burnt rubber. Thanks.

Hmmmm.....BURNT RUBBER?......that can't be good! HAHA! :lol:

-----------------------------------------------

"I love the smell of BURNT RUBBER in the morning...."

- Apocolypse Now

Vernonpush

We rode it twice on the 11th, random drops, saw the ghostly figures on one trip, flashing lights on the other, did not smell any burning rubber on either.

ISTCrew20

i have been on all the new tower profiles and they are all awesome, there is 4 in total, with 1 of them being the original, i have never smelled the burnt rubber, the only new feeling is the air cannons, plus there are new movies and new flashing ghosts. My friend and i took it upon ourselves to name each profile
1/the original
2/flashing ghosts-(has ghosts in the middle of the shaft illuminated by a blue strobe light
3/window-has the window video on the unload floor screen
4/ghost screen-(by far the most intense) same as window except different drops and has the ghosts appear on the unload screen---if you could , help me pass these names on please

Mookie

While riding my girlfriend and I smelled something we both thought of as a motor burning out / being over worked ... pretty sure it was one of those smells to make the ride even more fun!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT

1/the original
2/flashing ghosts-(has ghosts in the middle of the shaft illuminated by a blue strobe light
3/window-has the window video on the unload floor screen
4/ghost screen-(by far the most intense) same as window except different drops and has the ghosts appear on the unload screen

I may be wrong, but I think that you might have numbers 2 and 4 mixed up. From what I can tell from the diagrams (which I admit aren't 100% correct), profile 2 has a stop at the video screen and profile 4 doesn't.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by Mookie
While riding my girlfriend and I smelled something we both thought of as a motor burning out / being over worked ... pretty sure it was one of those smells to make the ride even more fun!

When did you ride? You're the first person that I know of to report experiencing the smells since it opened.

Mookie

Originally posted by MrNonacho
When did you ride? You're the first person that I know of to report experiencing the smells since it opened.

We rode the first day they started running the new drop patterns (Monday 12/9 I believe ... it was a really rainy day, and if her family weren't in town we would have stayed home!). It was a burning rubber type smell, we figured it was supposed to make us think that something in the elevator's motor or cables or whatever :) was breaking.

ISTCrew20

tower4

no-i do not have them mixed up---the ghost screen (4)-is where you stop at the bottom and the ghosts are on the unload screen--but i get what your saying--i did not number them from the numbers of the diagram on this site--i just numbered them as they came to my head

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom