Tower of Terror

woofboy111

Original Poster
One thing I like to do is figure out track plans of rides, but on tower of terror, theres something I can't figure out... You go though the ride, and finally, when it's over you exit a floor below "the basement" where you start, but where in relation are you to the shafts that you start out in. When you're unloading, you can see down a dark tunnel, and kind of see where the cars turn, but I still can't figure it out. If anyone has an explanation or even better, trackplans, that would be great.

disney2b

their is the shafts in the back where i think you start at and end in the from. the elevator you sit actually goes into another main one. in the begining your in the back you drop at the front and i am almost you end up one the left side when facing the front. maybe wrong though. just my guess

Lee L

Once you get to the bottom, your elevator backs up 15 or 20 feet and turn to the side to hit the exit doors.

If you ever get stuck like I did and they leave all the lights on during the ride you will see the storage room at the bottom as well. If you look closely you might see the extra cabs stored even with the lights off.

lileonard

Banned
In the corridor scene, how do they turn an ordinary wall into stars? it seems like the wall is normal, if they use fiber optics wouldnt you see them? It just seems so wierd how the wall with all the props on it, can turn into a star field.

Dizneydude87

But what about the chicken exit. On the ride, you go fwd in the 5th dimention room. At the exit, the chicken elevator is in front of you, shouldnt it be behind you?:confused:

isnet396

The chicken exit is between the Epsilon and Foxtrot lifts in the load area. It brings you down one flight to the unload area. Why they used an elevator in this attraction as the only way out, i have no clue. There are service elevators for all levels, but they are used only in emergency situations.

Ian

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Dizneydude87: I believe that there are two real elevators. One is the chicken exit that is in the middle of the load area. The other one is between the drop shafts and I think is used to access the break room among other things. This is the one you see after you exit.

isnet396: The load shafts are labeled Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. The drop shafts and libraries are Echo and Foxtrot.

isnet396

Don't A B and E take one half while C D and F take the other? I'm 99% sure that E and F have their own load stations and such...i'd have to check my SOP guide.

Ian

Dizneydude87

Oh, i was thinking that there was 2. Now I remember, when I was younger, I took that exit. You have to walk on this like bridge looking thing after the elevator, not realy a bridge, but its blury. it was 4.5 years ago. :) It came out a door on that wall between the elevator exits. Oh, thanks for clearing that up. :) :) :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :hammer:

Nova16

I honestly don't see what's so hard to figure out about the whole unloading thing on ToT.

You load the elevators on Level 2. You rise up, see the ghosts in the hall, go to space. You then rise up, and go into the 5th Dimension, where you move forward into the drop shaft. Now, from here, you are one the 5th floor, I believe. You go through the drop sequence, and you end up on level 1. That is 1 level below where you started. You move out of the drop shaft, you your elevator's respective side, the elevator turns, you get off. Once the doors close when it's empty, the elevator turns facing forward again, and rises up to Level 2, where the next group loads.

Is that really so difficult to understand?

JonnyK

Somewhere I saw this person had a night vision Video camera and taped the whole ride, i saw the light and the tracks when it moved forward then the lighted white door opens then it shows the tracks infront of the drop, its pretty cool. Let me find the link to download it.

ToWeroFTerRor67

Once the doors close when it's empty, the elevator turns facing forward again, and rises up to Level 2, where the next group loads.

That would make the elevator go back up the drop shaft. It moves back 10 or 20 feet into the original position (going the opposite way of the 5th dimension move) and then goes up a floor to the load position.

Is that really so difficult to understand?

I guess for you it is.

AliciaLuvzDizne

chicken elevator??
is that for 'fraidy cats like me to get off the ride before you fall down? i have never been on TOT before cuz i too scared but I may have to try it out in a few weeks

Nova16

Actually, Towerofterror67, I said all that. I said you move OUT OF THE DROP SHAFT, meaning the cab goes in reverse, to it's respective load shaft, turns, unloads, turns again, rises.

Next time, before insulting me, read a little closer.

dis330

Hi Nova16,

I took a 2hr. tour of the ToT with an engineering group from USF. After the drop sequence,the cab backs out of the "drop" shaft and turns to unload.It then faces forward again and backs up quite a bit before it reaches the 1st shaft.Where it accendes to level 2 for loading.

Cliff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom