Tower of Terror... Shadow of a man?

ImSweetPea

Original Poster
I know are all very smart when it comes to DISNEY!!

I just got back this morning from WDW.... I have been on TT dozens of times... this last time was in row 2 front row... as it was going up and down... when it kinda stops and you can't see anything but the wall.. very dark.. I was sitting on the left hand side.. and to much disbelief I saw the shadow of a man... kinda standing with his hand on his hip... it scared me so much that I didn't enjoy the rest of the ride, I almost felt like I was losing my mind..not sure if I really saw anything at all! I went on the ride with 6 other family members of mine
only one other person saw it. After leaving the ride I asked a cast member that worked in the TT store, he said he has been on the ride 100's of times and has no idea what Im talking about! PLEASE HELP!

Ringo8n24

I have never seen that either and have been on the ride dozens of times. I am curious to know who else has besides you. :confused:

Baums101

Oh yes he is the famous hip ghost. He is always riding in that specific seat. He always is staring at his hips for some reason some say that when he died someone stole his hip from his grave and that he wants it back! Just kidding but seriously I have never seen it.

CrashNet

There is a portion of the drop that has two ghosts that are briefly illuminated by flashing lights. Were you having air blown on you (or at least the sound of air)? If so, that may have been what you saw. There are "ghosts" there, and I believe one of them does have their hands on their hips.

ImSweetPea

Original Poster
YES! I was having air blown at me! The reason I:sohappy: kinda saw him was because there was a flash of light!! At least I don't feel crazy anymore!!!! Thanks ...

DisneyDellsDude

I've heard of a ghost that walks around the tower or terror backwards.

I've never heard of the "hip ghost" before. Sounds like a neat effect though.

This sounds pretty cool; I'll have to look and pay attention the next time I ride the Tower of Terror.

"...please help us maintain the dignity of our hall..."

Ringo8n24

Me, too. I love learning new things to look for. I keep a journal of WDW notes of things I think of doing on my next trip so I do not forget. I use this website and allears' website to compile this. :lookaroun

CrashNet

ImSweetPea said:
YES! I was having air blown at me! The reason I:sohappy: kinda saw him was because there was a flash of light!! At least I don't feel crazy anymore!!!! Thanks ...
:lol: No problem. You have to either be looking right in front of you or know its coming. It will happen right after a drop and just before you get shot back up to the top again midway through your drop cycle. Keep in mind you don't always see it because of the drop sequence, so you may have to ride it more than once.

ImSweetPea

Original Poster
I have to say now that others have seens it... its pretty cool to find something... I wanna fly back today just to do it again... haha!

metscool

I saw the same thing the lasttime that I went on it. That was the same to time that my cell phone went off on the ride. On the picture that was taken I was on the phone talking. Don't you hate when that happens.

Fan4isles

I just came back a few days ago and I did get that drop sequence! If you don't get it you could still see them but it is dark and your moving quickly.

CrashNet

joanjett1976 said:
Oh yes, the wind ghost! I don,t see him on every ride but when I do, it never fails to scare me!
You can only imagine my face sitting in the front row. :eek: And I knew it was coming. :lol:

~LeeLee~

Very cool!! I can't wait to check it out next time I'm there. I'm kind of glad to know about it in advance like this, I'd totally freak out if I just saw it there like you did. Yikes!

coasterridr

Whats funny about this is that the cast member stayed in character and acted like they had "never" seen anything weird from the elevator.

monorailguy01

it was prob. a drop sequence you never saw b4.... it like stops in the middle of the ride then the cart starts to shake up and down and you see people on the wall infront of you.. thats all i can think of.. other then that you may have lost your mind.... but I think we all have :lol:

ImSweetPea

Original Poster
~LeeLee~ said:
I'm kind of glad to know about it in advance like this, I'd totally freak out if I just saw it there like you did. Yikes!

I have never felt that way before... it was so creepy ... all I kept thinking was what if no one else saw this? or knows about it? ewwyyy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom